Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 Software Release 10.0.3.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Bad1996 Bad1996 wrote:

Second flight after my update today. I had to cycle the 540 three times to get any GPS signals. So on the forth start it saw satellites. According to tech support, this was an issue and the new software was supposed to fix this issue. When it finally worked it was pretty quick acquiring. I gave it over six minutes on the first start and gave up when the signal page wasn't doing anything.

AviJake, Does Avidyne have any interest in seeing my downloaded data ?
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 9:20am
Hello ?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 9:39am
Apologies.  No, I don't think we need those logs.

Orest has experienced the same issue.   This is a specific case of GPS issues and one that we believe we have addressed in Rel 10.1.0.0 which should be available by next month.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 11:06am
I received several terrain alerts on a flight this weekend while at least 13,000 above the ground.  Would you like me to send you the logs?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 11:08am
Yes please.   If email-able, send to Sergio Carlos as scarlos@avidyne.com.

If too big, we'll send a ftp site.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
888dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 12:29pm
Am I correct in saying that the software release version 10.0.3.0 the air/ground output for the AXP340 is active and will enable the auto "ON" of the transponder? And yes, this is assuming the wire is connected.
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Apologies.  No, I don't think we need those logs.

Orest has experienced the same issue.   This is a specific case of GPS issues and one that we believe we have addressed in Rel 10.1.0.0 which should be available by next month.

Thanks
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by 888dom 888dom wrote:

Am I correct in saying that the software release version 10.0.3.0 the air/ground output for the AXP340 is active and will enable the auto "ON" of the transponder? And yes, this is assuming the wire is connected.

Yes.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:03pm
Just received the bill from Southern Avionics in Mobile,AL. $628.61 for a plug and play.
The letter included my certification and the handbook sheets. The certification 
says that the IFD540 was updated to 10.0.3.0 and nav data and charts were updated to the 
latest date and was ramp checked and released. When I got to my home, I checked for
the changes. I discovered that the changes weren't there, The system page read 10.0.2.0.
I contacted Avidyne and was given the update procedure. The procedure worked as 
was expected. I have nav data ,but no charts. That is being taken care of by 
Avidyne. The shop also installed a breaker that I brought home and it works fine.
Trust but verify. I was told by the shop that Avidyne credits them one hour for the
upgrade. It took a week to get my log entry and handbook update. The shop says
I should have brought it back for warranty work to correct their  error. That would 
have been another $150 in fuel. They say that is the cost of a/c ownership. They say they are 
taking an hour off the shop rate which is $110. 
Needless to say, I won't recommend this shop for any work.

George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:04pm
P.S
I love the IFD540 and Avidyne has done well by me. No complaints there.
Airotto370 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airotto370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:45am
Folks,

I had the 10.0.3.0 upgrade done last week.  It took two attempts to complete but my nav data and personalized settings came through intact.  Upgrade was done by a dealer/avionics shop with my watching over his shoulder.

I notices a couple of things since the upgrade and am wondering if anyone else has seen them:
  1. The flight plan view Compact/Expanded display no longer works.  I used the 540 for an IPC last week and then flew IFR with it to/from South Carolina (based in NY) and, while the flight planning entry and flying was perfect I could no longer compact the displayed waypoint list by toggling the FSK.  Plan included V1 between airports and had a few million fixes in between.
  2. Secondly, the TIB-B feed from the connected GTX330 did not show the full intruder tracking info.  I would get the empty diamond, +/- altitude and the climb/descend info but not direction vector line.  
Other than that, 10.0.3.0 corrected the loss of signal issue I had seen before the upgrade.  I only had a couple of hours flying with the 10.0.1.0 firmware so other things may have gone unnoticed but I definitely see the changes mentioned above. 

I have to say I love the box...during the IPC the instructor told me to enter a non-published hold and it took me all of 10 seconds to punch that in and start flying it.  Quite the improvement over the GNS-530W I had before.  I had practiced with the ipad simulator for a few hours and everything worked as expected in the air.

Great stuff.  

Thanks in advance for any info.

Bill 

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:49am
Bill

I know V1 is quite a long airway.  The active segment on a plan does not expand and retract....only future segments.  If you were on V1 and expected the waypoints along it to become compact, that is a possible explanation.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:54am
Not sure about #1 - Compact/Expanded operation was not affected by 10.0.3.0.  Maybe teeth6's post explains it?

As for #2 - IFD540/440 does not support the tail part of TIS traffic display.  They appear just like standard TAS traffic symbols.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airotto370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:19am
Hi Guys,  thanks for the quick responses.

My observations...the view compact/expanded item.  I had no problem scrolling through the waypoint list.  I toggled the FSK multiple times before and after the current segment and didn't see a difference.  I will check again next flight to confirm.  

The traffic display intruder tracking has me scratching my head.  I would swear I saw the tail part prior to the 10.0.3 upgrade and the pilot guide shows the tail (along with a second icon under "Additional Traffic Information which shows exactly what I now see in flight) so I am a bit confused and may be having another of my increasingly frequent senior memory moments about it.  However, the 530W I replaced with the 540 certainly showed tails and I recall that as a specific check item when I first flew with the 540.

I'll look again when next I fly and advise.

Thanks again.

Bill
wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:39am
I noticed the same thing relative to expand/compact.   I was trying to demonstrate it to a pilot
yesterday and it didn't work.   I know it has worked before.    BH
BH
wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:42am
ooh ... I was on the segment.  bh
BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airotto370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 1:09pm
ok, so I am clear that I understand what is supposed to happen...I'm flying SBY v1 CRE KHYW.  Maybe I am misinterpreting the manual which reads  "The compact view hides all intermediate legs of an airway between the entry and exit point."

There are roughly 14 waypoints articulating the airway between SBY and CRE (both are VORs).  

The View Expanded should show all 14 waypoints in the FMS flightplan tab.  If I toggle to View Compact I would then see the individual waypoints I've already passed; plus the current segment info; and then V1 CRE KHYW for the remainder of the flightplan, correct?

Sorry to be so anal, just trying to understand this properly.  

Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic