Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Operator ERROR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote centerforcekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Operator ERROR
    Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 11:28am
Hello, I have an IFD540 with Aspens, MLB100, and a new avidyne transponder (dont remembe model)
I have been creating checklists on the sim and uploaded all settings (waypoints, routes, user setting) to a usb. somehow when i loaded the USB to the IFD, i managed to wipe out all the settings that were in 
the box that the AV shop had set up.
what did i do wrong, i would think the config settings would be immune from standard uploads.
But I managed to do it non the less.  there are back ups, i just need to understand what i did, so i don't do it again....
thanks!
Patrick Wilson N54UT
Seneca II
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:03pm
Well, if you exported all of the settings, and then imported those several files, that is exactly what would occur. If you want to just copy over the checklists, then you need to select just that file to import.

The bad news is that you may have wiped out several setup settings in the IFD540 by doing so, depending on which version you are on. The proper procedure is to export all your settings from the IFD540, and then import them into the sim. Then you are safe in copying back settings changes to your actual unit. But if you only copy the checklists, that should not be an issue.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 05 Mar 2016 at 5:04pm
centerforcekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote centerforcekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 11:10am
Well, that is kind of what i thought.  I  thought i was being efficient copying my routes and all
at once.  Life Lesson learned.  I'm still kind of perplexed as to why  there isn't more security
to at least warn of impending doom if you 'continue'.
But, i can guarantee it won't happen again!
Thanks!
Pat..
Seneca II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic