Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waypoint after missed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clydeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waypoint after missed?
    Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:49pm
Something I do quite a lot is fly an RNAV approach into the "big airport" (YPMQ) near my place, then once visual break off the approach and fly under the cloudbase to my strip, 5.5nm away. I did that yesterday and initially set up the FPL to YPMQ and selected the RNAV 21 approach. This showed waypoints through the approach and missed approach. Then I added my airstrip (user defined waypoint) to the end of the FPL, but no track was shown to it, and the distance seemed like the long way around - 8373 nm!

I could not delete any of the missed approach legs, so when I was ready to break off the approach I just did Direct-To YDFD, not that I needed GPS guidance to find it anyway.

Maybe this has something to do with the missed approach ending in an unterminated heading leg?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic