Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Sensor Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psellati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Sensor Error
    Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 1:23pm
I just had Sarsota Avionics installed a 540 and I've been getting a traffic sensor error frequently and I've mentioned this to my avionics shop and they tell me it is a software problem. I asked them to verify this with Avidyne but it falls on deaf ears. Have you seen this and if so what is the cause?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 1:49pm
What type of traffic sensor do you have?
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Psellati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psellati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 1:55pm
MLB100 attached to a AXP 340.
The MLB100 has the latest version of firmware and the 540 is running 10.1.1.0
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 2:01pm
Yes, that is real and we're still chasing it down. We see it every 124 seconds in our test airplane. Not many people are seeing it but a few are. The problem appears to be with the MLB100 at this point in the investigation. I stress that it's still early in the investigation and very active and definitely not falling on deaf ears within engineering.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Psellati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psellati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 2:10pm
Understood, thx for the information!
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 1:18am
Two of us in north Georgia with 540's and NGT9000's get the error message too. All products installed by an Avidyne and L3 dealer.

Edited by Bad1996 - 31 Jan 2016 at 1:19am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Bad1996 Bad1996 wrote:

Two of us in north Georgia with 540's and NGT9000's get the error message too. All products installed by an Avidyne and L3 dealer.

I don't think that is the same thing.  We have no experience (or claims on) the interface with the NGT9000.    

The MLB100 intermittent traffic sensor fault message is real.  It lasts 1-5 seconds, automatically clears and can happen a handful of times across a few hours of use.  We're working on trapping the cause of that issue and will squash it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 9:20pm
Well the message is real and it seems to clear fairly quick. Looks the same, tastes the same then it....never mind :-)
I only have one short flight with the Lynx, very bumpy and waiting on an autopilot part so I was hand flying and didn't get a lot of detail. It does sound exactly the same though.
anyhow, I hope it's a 540 issue and not the MLB and that the fix takes care of my issue too.
The AVIDYNE dealer did say it would display the basic traffic info.
sikhpilotmd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sikhpilotmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 7:34am
Is it "datalink error "?
If so, I get that all the time with AXP 340-MLB100-IFD 540 combos

Edited by sikhpilotmd - 01 Feb 2016 at 7:35am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 7:39am
No it's not. We would need your datalogs to see what you are experiencing.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic