Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VHF issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiptel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VHF issue
    Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 6:09am

Hello!

I have a Problem with only one of my double IFD440s: Sometimes I can see a red "x" at VHF on the system status page. I can't find any problems with the radio function, but what's the matter for the "x"?

... and I'm not very often in the maintenance mode. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not...

Best regards,

Heiko

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:38am
I saw the same thing yesterday when looking over my screens after 10.1.1.0 upgrade

No VHF issues I am aware of
Ed
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:08pm
You guys doing this with your prop spinning and all electrical buses on or is this battery only behavior?   The point of the question is a matter of input voltage to the IFD.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:27pm
I was at about 21 Vdc running off external bat I have for playing with avionics.

Ed
Tiptel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiptel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:08pm
With full battery (24 V) and without engine running. Thought I could verify an influence of my battery minder, but not allways.
Software version 10.1.0.0

Btw: Absolut great units!

Edited by Tiptel - 15 Dec 2015 at 3:09pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:12pm
In the absence of any other data, I suspect you are hitting a voltage limit (on the low end).   It's worth noting the behavior in a "full-up" airplane with prop spinning and all buses on.    I bet everything is just fine in that case.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Tiptel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiptel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:17pm
Will check that - thanks for your fast replay!

Do you need log files?

Edited by Tiptel - 15 Dec 2015 at 3:18pm
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

In the absence of any other data, I suspect you are hitting a voltage limit (on the low end).   It's worth noting the behavior in a "full-up" airplane with prop spinning and all buses on.    I bet everything is just fine in that case.

AviJake, it sounds like the people that saw the x's did not notice any radio issues.  Can you tell us what if any reduced functionality that x indicates?  Do the x's correlate with the voltage limits of the table that describes what shuts down at different voltage levels?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic