Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MK10 Bluetooth Keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NotarPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotarPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MK10 Bluetooth Keyboard
    Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 6:17am
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Originally posted by NotarPilot NotarPilot wrote:

I'm not sure if this was answered already but is it possible to connect two BT keyboards to a single 440?

I don't know, but I would think not, but just curious -- what are you up to?

* Orest

I was thinking one keyboard for the pilot and one for the copilot. I have two keyboards but one has stayed in the box. Just wondered if they could be connected simultaneously.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 9:39am
No. I think was answered previously
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 7:38am
Originally posted by NotarPilot NotarPilot wrote:

I'm not sure if this was answered already but is it possible to connect two BT keyboards to a single 440?

I don't know, but I would think not, but just curious -- what are you up to?

* Orest

NotarPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotarPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 2:14pm
I am now organized to be able to make and ship these if you have an interest. Please see my website for details

https://sites.google.com/site/b2c2aviationllc/home

If you are interested, please send me email at the address on the about us page and Ill work with you from there.

ben
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:05pm

Hi

Lets just say interest has proved to be somewhat greater than I expected. If you PM'd me ill be in touch shortly to describe what I have for a design more completely and ask you what parts you are interested in as its somewhat optimized for my aircraft situation. If you haven't, please hold off as it will take me a bit to get this organized.

Ben

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:01pm
I sent you a PM.

David
David Gates
George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 5:35pm
I would be interested in one of the copies. Just let me know
what I need to do.
THX
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by flybikeski flybikeski wrote:

I'll trade you a book (www.fiftyclassics.com) for a holder.  Both DIY projects!  I'll PM you.  - Ney

This is a great book BTW and makes a wonderful gift for those hard to buy for aviators!
flybikeski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flybikeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 1:08pm
I'll trade you a book (www.fiftyclassics.com) for a holder.  Both DIY projects!  I'll PM you.  - Ney
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 12:16pm
I can print off a few more of these if you would like to try it out. Can't commit to large quantities but pm me if you are interested.
flybikeski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flybikeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 11:43am
What a great example of an ideal 3D printing application.  I bet you have a nice little market right here.  I'd be interested in one!
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 9:46am
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the clarification and glad it's working fine for you now.    If you haven't shipped the first keyboard back yet, I would say "don't worry about it".   Suffice to say we have plenty of other things on our plate to look into.  If we hear of more that behave the same way I'll probably change my tune.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 8:09pm
Make a few more mounts?
David Gates
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 8:06pm

Hi Steve

Dang I would have taken that bet. I often offer to bet my engineers $5 on the source of oddball problems. I have a few $5 bills pinned to my corkboard :-).

I installed the second keyboard and it seems to be working fine. Perhaps I wasn't clear on the current state of the original one, which is it won't go into pairing mode when the button is pressed on the back. From this I concluded it was not a problem with the IFD but that the keyboard electronics or firmware was fouled up. I believe this to be the case since the second one is working without issue. I was wondering if you would like the first one back to see what's wrong with it?

Also I understand there might be some sensitivity about the GPS receiver given earlier discussion. I didn't mean to poke a nerve, only to see if there might be something unique about my setting up of the keyboard that could have caused it to become corrupted in some way since it was working when I first fired it up but failed after a few minutes. I've seen weirder things happen with electronics and software, usually associated with people using things in a way not expected by the engineers who designed them, so just figured I'd ask others for their use experience to understand if I might have accidentally wandered into a corner case.

For your added enjoyment, here's a picture of the keyboard mounted in my airplane using a 3D printed mount that is hinged so it can sit as you see it or fold flat against the panel to be a little more out of the way. It's sitting right in front of the throttle quadrant on my skymaster which makes a great hand rest for typing on the keyboard. the keyboard pops out easily for charging but is nicely retained by the four clips you can see on the top and bottom edges of the mount. 

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:23pm
Hi Ben,

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but your theory does not sound plausible.   As a side note, the processor that services WiFi and Bluetooth is an entirely separate processor from the one servicing the rest of the IFD.

I'll be curious to hear if your replacement keyboard works but I would put some money down to say it won't.  You should definitely try it but I suspect the real problem you are experiencing is your WiFi/Bluetooth transceiver needs a recal.   We have a quick 4-second long software squirt via the USB port that would resolve that if that is the case.

There is another thread on the WiFi/BT recal method.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 1:52pm
Makes no difference, signal or not, it just works. I expect yours was just a bad unit.

* Orest
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 1:45pm

HI

So I received my replacement keyboard and am going to try it out shortly, probably today or tomorrow. In the meantime I did a little testing to see if I could change the existing keyboard behavior, and was also thinking about the circumstances when I did the original setup and wondering if it might have somehow led to the corruption of the keyboard.

On the experiment side I tried running the power all the way down on the keyboard and then recharging it. Theory being a cold start might refresh some corrupt program memory and fix the problem. This wasn't easy to do, I had to put a weight on the keys to keep the green LED lit. Even so it took 2 days to kill the battery. Useful to  know. In any case this didn't fix the problem. After charging Still no pairing indication when back button was pressed.

As far as the circumstances for the initial use. I was in my hanger, which is a pretty good faraday cage and keeps me from getting GPS lock. So the play time I had with the keyboard where it was working was without a GPS lock, and I'm wondering if this might somehow be associated with the keyboard failing after about 5 minutes of use. Without lock the IFD is pretty busy working on fixing that and I'm wondering if that might lead to the problem I saw. Id like to avoid a repeat of the problem and was wondering what others experiences were with using the keyboard without a GPS signal for an extended period of time.

Thanks

ben 

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Gring Gring wrote:

Hmm, what other company sends out $299 pieces of equipment - no questions asked? Great customer service.

Couldn't agree more.  GREAT product and GREAT customer service.  Hard to beat.
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 7:51am
Hmm, what other company sends out $299 pieces of equipment - no questions asked? Great customer service.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 6:21am
Originally posted by B2C2 B2C2 wrote:

I'm having a problem with my keyboard and was wondering if a fix exists or its just bad. I was able to successfully pair it once with the ifd and enter data, however as I was playing with it it started not behaving properly, like the 540 was getting bad data. I have tried deleting and re pairing the device without success. Now it gets to the point of pairing but no code is given for entry and the ifd goes back to the pairing page. Also the green led no longer blinks when I press the button on the back. It's fully charged so it's not a power issue. Before I deleted the device it was showing a blinking yellow led indicating key presses sent but the com frequency input just showed commas, no data. I'm wondering if there is a keyboard reset key sequence I need to try as it seems like the keyboard is not behaving properly and maybe needs to boot from scratch. Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so is the keyboard shot or is there a way to recover it?

Hhmm, that's a first I believe. Please call Avidyne Tech Support on Monday and ask for a no-charge replacement keyboard. I'll send them a heads up but don't hesitate to invoke my name if needed. When you get the replacement keyboard, please post an update here. I, and I'm sure others, will be very interested in hearing if that resolved your issue.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 4:31pm
I'm having a problem with my keyboard and was wondering if a fix exists or its just bad. I was able to successfully pair it once with the ifd and enter data, however as I was playing with it it started not behaving properly, like the 540 was getting bad data. I have tried deleting and re pairing the device without success. Now it gets to the point of pairing but no code is given for entry and the ifd goes back to the pairing page. Also the green led no longer blinks when I press the button on the back. It's fully charged so it's not a power issue. Before I deleted the device it was showing a blinking yellow led indicating key presses sent but the com frequency input just showed commas, no data. I'm wondering if there is a keyboard reset key sequence I need to try as it seems like the keyboard is not behaving properly and maybe needs to boot from scratch. Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so is the keyboard shot or is there a way to recover it?
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 12:38pm
I agree with Gary. That is likely quicker than via the forum.
Vince
Gary T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 10:51am
Mike, I experienced the same issue.  I recommend calling tech support directly to resolve this.
Gary-T
GMSutton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMSutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 1:41am
I pre-ordered my IFD540 in 2012 and received it in early 2015. I registered it on MyAvidyne.com but it may have been deleted due to a warranty service last year.

In any case, I've never received either the MK10 BT Keyboard or a T-Shirt! Is there any way to put me back on the list? I just entered my IFD540 serial number on MyAvidyne.com again.

Many thanks, Mike
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:31am
Originally posted by rpostmo rpostmo wrote:

Working!!!   Thanks Simpson.   Turns out I wasn't pushing "enter" on both the keyboard and the 540
after entering the PIN #.   Once I did that, it paired on the third cycle.

Great!!
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:05am
Quote lets say hypothetically that I bought another aircraft

I don't know the future retail price of a keyboard, but I have to imagine that it is an insignificant expense in the scope of acquiring a whole nuther airplane.

Also, if your (one) keyboard lives in your flight bag next to your headset, there's no reason that your one keyboard couldn't pair in both airplanes.

On the other hand, if you're the kind of guy who buys another headset for the other airplane, well ... a second keyboard still probably costs less than a second headset.

David Bunin

Edited by DavidBunin - 17 Feb 2016 at 9:06am
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 6:50pm
Working!!!   Thanks Simpson.   Turns out I wasn't pushing "enter" on both the keyboard and the 540
after entering the PIN #.   Once I did that, it paired on the third cycle.

glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 5:03pm
Nope... Didn't realize the keyboard was a one per aircraft deal. Not a problem, but lets say hypothetically that I bought another aircraft with a G530 and decided to move one of the 540's over, it would be nice to already have the keyboard in hand....  
GDC25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:27pm
PM sent
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:18pm
I'm not getting my keyboard to Pair. 
I get through all of the steps and when I do the Bluetooth search
it finds the Avidyne keyboard.  I press the pair button and get the code
which I enter.  I then press the Enter button on the 540 and the done button comes up.
When I push that to exit maintenance mode, the 540 reboots.  The keyboard blinking green light never quits blinking and when I touch the standby com button, the virtual keyboard comes up on the 540, but pressing the number or letter buttons on the bluetooth keyboard has no effect.
The green light does not stop blinking on the BT keyboard.
Software version is 10.1.1 and Bluetooth selection is set to ON.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by glassanza glassanza wrote:

Simpson I too have 2 540's and received 1 keyboard and no Tee. Any help would be appreciated.

Are the IFD540s in different aircraft?
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:21am
Gang-

Thanks for the help, I have software 10.1.0 so I can't turn on the blue tooth.  (There is your problem!)  I'm thinking I'll wait on 10.1.2 so as not to have to hit the avionics shop twice. Is this a short (Weeks) or Months wait, anybody?

Regards,

Edited by TomG - 15 Feb 2016 at 10:23am
Tom G
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:09am
Simpson I too have 2 540's and received 1 keyboard and no Tee. Any help would be appreciated.
GDC25
PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 9:11am
Hi Tom-

In the user settings page (in normal operations mode) there is a Bluetooth On/Off setting, which is not the same as keyboard convenience. Be sure this is set to On.

Regards,

Bob
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:25pm
The last maintenance page, wifi/bluetooth is page 12.  If you don't have this page, then you either don't have the necessary software version or it is corrupted.  I had the proper software, it passed all the checks during the upgrade, but later was corrupted by restoring my settings and lost that last page.  If that happens to you, tech support can help you out.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:09pm
The procedure is described in the latest PG. Just search for bluetooth.

You have to enable pairing mode from the maintenance pages.

* Orest

TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:23pm
Ok, need help gang.  I can not link my MK10.  When I go into user settings, the keyboard convenience is grayed out, so it can't be turned on.  Any ideas on how to turn on the bluetooth part of the radio.  I tried to go to the maintenance section, by plugging in my thumb drive, but didn't see a way to turn on the bluetooth there.  I am I missing something?

Thanks
Tom G
FEisert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEisert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:22am
My keyboard finally arrived 9 Feb. I think maybe I was forgotten since the unit was returned last summer for repairs. I called tech support a couple weeks ago and I suspect that got the ball rolling. Can't wait to try it.

Edited by FEisert - 10 Feb 2016 at 11:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 9:31am
PM sent.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Seneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 9:28am
I have an IFD540 and IFD440 in one plane and an IFD540 in the other.  I received only one keyboard and no T-shirt.  Bummer
Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 12:56am
Paired my single BT KB to my other airplane while waiting for the second to arrive. It's nice that a single KB can be paired to 2 different IFD's. Looking forward to writing some checklists with it.
A36 w/IFD 540, PA60 w/IFD 540

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

Maybe I won't use the keyboard much at all, but I still think it's a cool idea and I'm glad I got one.

I found my first good use for the keyboard.  I flew in the cold last weekend, and it turns out my favorite "driving gloves" are not touch-screen compatible.  So the keyboard is great for programming with gloves on.

David Bunin

Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:26pm
Funny yea. Tech support transferred me to sales. Still burning off nyquil from my cold. Probably should have gone for my run before I made that call. haha.

Discovered something weird though. The packing slip that came with the first BT keyboard had my new street address number with my old street. Last time I went in to myavidyne to make sure the second installation was registered for the extended warranty I did an addtess update. It didnt "take" the first time and I did it again. Ill check it again this evening.

Edited by Joe Jet - 08 Feb 2016 at 12:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:16pm
I think you are speaking to our sales rep now so you should be all set.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:06pm
2 IFD540s. 2 different N numbers. I received one still waiting for the other. Ill call today.

Pairing was pretty straightforward.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 7:14am
I don't have a solution yet.  I was down for annual about the time the keyboard arrived so I haven't actually flown with it yet.  I have a flight planned today, but the route is not very complicated.

Like you, I am very happy with the user interface of the IFD itself.  So not sure how much I would/will actually use the keyboard.  Right now I have it stowed in the seat back pocket of the copilot's seat, where I can reach it without removing my seatbelt.  In my mind, the keyboard would be great in turbulence because it moves with your hand.  But I don't have any real experience to support (or refute) that notion.

Maybe I won't use the keyboard much at all, but I still think it's a cool idea and I'm glad I got one.

+++++++++++++

Somewhere in the printed material it says to velcro it down someplace.  My yoke is already occupied so I guess I would have to put it on top of the glareshield.

David

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 1:53pm
David,
Just curious if/how you mount or attach your BT to use during flight.  

During hangar flying, I thought of mounting via Velcro on yoke, but at least for functions now available, the BT seems a bit awkward to use compared to easy to reach hybrid (screen/knobs) 540 functions.

Tom 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

have a fully charged keyboard ready to go so that if the battery in the other keyboard dies.

I put the charging cable in the plane with the keyboard.  I do not ever expect to charge it at home again.  If it runs down, I'll just plug it into the IFD to recharge it.

David Bunin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:42am
It's one keyboard per tail number.

You can only pair one keyboard to an IFD at a time, it's a Bluetooth limitation.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic