Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vertical speed selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vertical speed selection
    Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 8:59am
Originally posted by jblodgett jblodgett wrote:

Their is no "Setup FMS" under AUX | SETUP. Not right at the top or anywhere else. Is this a 10.1.1.0 feature that I do not have yet?

Yes, as noted, just push SETUP Map.

Wherever in the onscreen menu items you see a selection with both a cyan and a white label, pushing that button (or touchscreening) will cycle through a number of options. Look up LINE SELECT keys in the manual, around page 1-4, depending on which revision you are looking at.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 01 Dec 2015 at 9:22am
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 12:26am
Originally posted by jblodgett jblodgett wrote:

Their is no "Setup FMS" under AUX | SETUP. Not right at the top or anywhere else. Is this a 10.1.1.0 feature that I do not have yet?

Press the LSK "Setup Map" and it will change to "Setup FMS".

jblodgett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblodgett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 12:00am
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:41am
If you are trying to get the VSR to descend to your destination, you have to make sure to add a vertical constraint to the destination, otherwise it assumes you want to maintain your current altitude.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 11:45am
AUX | SETUP | Setup FMS

Right at the top.

Extremely powerful feature, especially tied to the (auto) vertical constraints you can put in.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 26 Nov 2015 at 11:46am
jblodgett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblodgett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 11:20am
Forgive me if this has been covered before. I am just now getting familiar with 10.1.0.0 and I can't figure out how to set the desired vertical speed. It appears to default to 500 fpm. What menu do I go into to select a different desired vertical speed?

Thanks,
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic