Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Navaid ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livingthedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navaid ID
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:05pm
Why would the IFD 540 not correctly identify a navaid ID?

Ex: KTMB ILS 9R, ID is I-TMB.  IFD 540 is looking for an I-TTT ID; therefore IFD never autotunes from GPS-VLOC.

I assume it is searching for the I-TTT because that ID is being displayed in the NAV ID field when the correct LOC Freq (108.70) is active in NAV Radio (ILS or LOC RWY 9R, Amend 11A 20AUG15).  The correct LOC ID morse code is recieived via audio.

PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:42am
Hi-

I have noticed that the IFD540 sometimes displays an incorrect ID while in the process of decoding the Morse code identifier. My assumption is that the incorrect ID represents an attempt at decoding the identifier, but that it keeps trying until it decodes an identifier that matches the database for the frequency selected before it displays the all of the information in the ID field.

Regards,

Bob
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 2:03pm
I have noticed that the signal has to be pretty strong and clear for the decode to work.  bh
BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic