Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.1.1.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:54pm
Did my 10.1.1.0 tonight. Took about 30 minutes. I did, however, watch the video Sunday afternoon so I knew what to expect. I experienced the continuity error that was addressed in the video & corrected it as instructed.  Cool to see it who on wifi.

I've got a bluetooth keyboard from another device. Any chance it will connect?

Kelly Grant

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:06pm
No, there is no chance.  We had to limit it to the Avidyne supplied keyboard for cert reasons.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:52pm
OK, v10.1.1 installed, and most issues fixed... BUT, not so fast!!

Comm Standby Monitor, #1 and #2 now work without attenuated volume.
1.  However, Auto Mute Function is just not addressed - absent!  So as temporary fix, I adjusted volume down a bit on Monitored Comm freq.

2.  Only the first frequency block below Active can be selected to be "Monitored" - no other Comm's below this first block can be monitored without first flip-flopping to 1st position.

3.  MLB100 no longer sends ADSB Traffic to 540's with v10.1.1.  Apparently, the 540 GPS signal is no longer received by MLB, and hence does not send out ADSB traffic to 540.  

At installer today, successfully got GPS signal received on MLB unit with a not yet-upgraded v10.1.0 box, but software glitch on upgraded box (tried both 540's with v10.1.1) blocks the GPS feedback link from 540' to MLB.  Avidyne Tech is aware (Cris & TJ) !!

Time for another immediate software fix!

Tom Wolf

Edited by n7ifr - 15 Dec 2015 at 10:57pm
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:49am
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

2.  Only the first frequency block below Active can be selected to be "Monitored" - no other Comm's below this first block can be monitored without first flip-flopping to 1st position.

I believe Avidyne has previously stated that this is the intended behavior.  In this older post, Steve (AviJake) says, "So, standby comm monitor will always be associated with the first standby slot and the flip/flop function will always be associated with the standby slot that has the blue wrap-around cursor.  The current version of the pilot guide describes those behaviors."

Edited by MysticCobra - 16 Dec 2015 at 7:53am
roltman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:55am

3.  MLB100 no longer sends ADSB Traffic to 540's with v10.1.1.  Apparently, the 540 GPS signal is no longer received by MLB, and hence does not send out ADSB traffic to 540.  

MLB100 traffic works and works very well on both my IFD540s after the upgrade.
MLB100 is at 4.0.9 and the IFDs are at 10.1.1.0.

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:55am

Comm Standby Monitor, #1 and #2 now work without attenuated volume.
1.  However, Auto Mute Function is just not addressed - absent!  So as temporary fix, I adjusted volume down a bit on Monitored Comm freq.

There is no auto mute function in the IFDs by design.

That behavior is per design and is described by the "Monitor Standby Com" note box in the middle of page 1-17 of the pilot guide.

At installer today, successfully got GPS signal received on MLB unit with a not yet-upgraded v10.1.0 box, but software glitch on upgraded box (tried both 540's with v10.1.1) blocks the GPS feedback link from 540' to MLB.  Avidyne Tech is aware (Cris & TJ) !!

Time for another immediate software fix!

Tom Wolf

There is NO systemic design flaw between 10.1.1.0 and MLB100.   The two work just fine together.  It was tested extensively and there are dozens of installs with that combo in the field now that are also working just fine.  Avidyne tech support will work with the shop when they open up this morning to determine what the installation issue is that you are experiencing.  We are very interested in getting you all taken care of pronto.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:02am
Steve,
Appreciate your attention to this.  Installer in TRM spent hours unsuccessfully trouble shooting this glitch, including phone Avidyne Tech Support.  
To me, it looked like on the UAT program (on PC), the GPS signal from 540 populated for about 3-5 seconds, then "failed", indicating no link to 540's.  After confirming wiring OK, pulled my dual 540's (with 10.1.1) and substituted another unit with 10.1.0 which worked.

Go figure.

Also, on the Audio - 540 interface, I recall the intention and manual describing an "auto-mute" function on Comm Standby Monitor, thus giving the active Comm channel priority over Standby channel...

Tom Wolf
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:42am

Quote pulled my dual 540's (with 10.1.1) and substituted another unit with 10.1.0 which worked

What was the RS232 port configuration in the memory of the unit that was removed (didn't work)?

What was the RS232 port configuration in the memory of the unit that was installed (the one that worked)?

Two units were removed, and just one was installed?  Which unit (#1 or #2) is supplying the GPS data to the MLB?  Which data formats are being used?

David

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:48am
David,
My 540 #1 is supplying GPS to the MLB.  After confirming OK wiring, installer flipped the 540's (and set port configs accordingly), no solution.  Then used another 540 still on v10.1.0 which did work.

So, conversely David, what should be the #1-540 proper configuration for RS232 port config?

Tom 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:49am

Steve,

As best I can tell, the ability to have a single data type output from duplicate (multiple) RS232 ports was not an improvement that made it into 10.1.1.0.  Is that one of the changes coming in 10.2?

David Bunin

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

Steve,

As best I can tell, the ability to have a single data type output from duplicate (multiple) RS232 ports was not an improvement that made it into 10.1.1.0.  Is that one of the changes coming in 10.2?

David Bunin

Yes.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 11:53am
Updated both 540s to 10.1.1.   I can confirm that they work much better with the superawos on the field.  I could reliably get the weather with three clicks and the radio check with four.  I used to be able too, but only intermittently.  

No issues upgrading. About 30 minutes each.  

Ken

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 9:28am
3.  MLB100 no longer sends ADSB Traffic to 540's with v10.1.1.  Apparently, the 540 GPS signal is no longer received by MLB, and hence does not send out ADSB traffic to 540.  

Resolution - Went to a alternate Avidyne Dealer (KPRC) who resolved my       540<-->MLB interface issues:  

Best guess is appeared to be Corrupt PC UAT Software (at first installer) for MLB configuration...

Tom Wolf

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 9:57am
Got a new dealer?
David Gates
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 12:11pm
I'd like to suggest an update to the service bulletin for 10.1.1.0 marked as ** CRITICAL **.

When my update was performed, I saved my user settings prior to the update, then restored my user settings after the update.  After contacting tech support, there is a known (or at least previously experienced) issue that when you do this, it messes up some of the 10.1.1.0 settings requiring the unit to be shipped back to be corrected.  The issue that raised this is that I do not have the user option to enable bluetooth or wifi so I can't try the neat keyboard that recently arrived.

The update to the user service bulletin should say up front and in the back not to restore user settings from a previous software build.

Hopefully this issue is resolved in the future since I thought this was one of the main reasons for this save/restore capability.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 6:30am

Best guess is appeared to be Corrupt PC UAT Software (at first installer) for MLB configuration..

Has that original shop fixed their computer now?

David Bunin
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 11:54am
Just out there Friday for AMX240-->PMA450 exchange (very happy camper), they say they have re-downloaded the UAT PC software.  My resolution was performed at another shop though.

Tom
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

Steve,

David Bunin

Yes.

Glad I saw this post - this is one of the things that was keeping my 540/440 from working with my MLB100.  After disabling a second RS232 port, the traffic and weather are now working and everything is reading out and working together.

However, the disabled port was feeding my Argus and had to be shut down to get everything functioning.  Glad that this will be back in 10.2.  Thank you.

David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 1:04am
Loaded 10.1.1.0 in my other aircraft today. Went much smoother than when I tried to update on the bench. Only snag I had occurred while executing the conformity check. It hung up almost immediately on what looked like some kind of com file. I noticed that sometimes the unit shuts off the com when in maintenance mode. I rebooted into flight mode and activated the com. Monitored awos and went back into maintenance mode. This time it was in maint mode and i could hear the awos. Ran the conformity checker and it went fine. Also paired the BT KB at the same time. All good
A36 w/IFD 540, PA60 w/IFD 540
Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:52am
Flew with 10.1.1 in second aircraft today. Took quite a while to acquire GPS Sats. Lost display of restricted areas though. I checked and SUA display was selected. Going to have to troubleshoot on the ground when im not flying.

Edited by Joe Jet - 19 Feb 2016 at 6:45am
A36 w/IFD 540, PA60 w/IFD 540
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic