Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ForeFlight now has G connectivity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ForeFlight now has G connectivity
    Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 10:39am

Dang it. This is exactly what I wanted to see from the IFD540. ForeFlight has a history of exclusivity so I'm afraid of what this portends:

http://blog.foreflight.com/2015/07/16/foreflight-connectivity-with-garmin-avionics/

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 10:43am
Have no fear
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 10:55am
Thanks for the reassurance. Just found out my co-owner will be at OSH so I'm going to send him to the Avi tent to pester you.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 12:12pm
iFlyGPS is beta testing a feature that allows iFly apps/devices to push flight plan routes instantly to all other iFly apps/devices on the same wifi network.

I'm hoping that means they're getting ready for integration with Avidyne, too....
safari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 12:26pm
If it were not for Avidyne I do not think Garmin would be doing these things or be at the price point they are at. We all just have to be patient I feel Avidyne will have many more options it just takes time 
Dave
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by paulr paulr wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance. Just found out my co-owner will be at OSH so I'm going to send him to the Avi tent to pester you.

Please do.  If he's going to be there on Tuesday, make sure he gets a party pass for the Avidyne party.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
sikhpilotmd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sikhpilotmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:29pm
When is the party? I'll be there on Wednesday to Friday
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:55pm
Sweet! He's got a party pass. Be on the lookout for a Canadian engineer.
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 4:35pm
The Garmin announcement says that ForeFlight can get weather, traffic, and GPS heading from their equipment.  It doesn't say it can get flight plans or that multiple iPads can connect and transfer flight plans through it.  So the capability isn't any greater than what I have with ForeFlight and a Stratus II and may be less.
bneub111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bneub111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:11pm
I'll be there, what time and where is the party?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Please do.  If he's going to be there on Tuesday, make sure he gets a party pass for the Avidyne party.

I'll be there on Tuesday, where do I get a Party Pass?

* Orest

AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:27pm
I just posted the party registration link in the trade shows section.

Here is the link to get your pass: http://www.avidyne.com/landing/oshkosh.asp

Don't forget to come say hi at booth 3130 in Hangar C before hand.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by sikhpilotmd sikhpilotmd wrote:

The party is on Tuesday night but that doesn't mean you can't come say hi.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
sikhpilotmd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sikhpilotmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 8:15am
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

Originally posted by sikhpilotmd sikhpilotmd wrote:

The party is on Tuesday night but that doesn't mean you can't come say hi.
I ll be there for sure
Last year I saw a demo at your booth. Thats what got me interested in Avidyne to begin with
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic