Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dealer Communication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealer Communication
    Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 9:30pm
I really do applaud Avidynes communication with it's customers. I regularly check the forums first before contacting Avidyne as the questions have usually been asked and answered, to the point on a couple of occasions customers have advised us an update was available before we had been told.

It is disappointing the communication with its dealers is not on the same level, we have sent multiple emails regarding the installation commission for 'pre buys' with no answers, the installation was completed in January. 

I don't know if any other dealers are in the same boat?
The same customer is now awaiting delivery of their pre-purchase 440.    
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 12:58am
I had the exact same experience with my dealer in California. I've been able to get a lot of information from the forum and also by communicating directly with Avidyne but my dealer, who is a long time Avidyne installer, was in the dark about a lot of things. Avidyne should be careful because dealers are often the ones who can steer customers one way or the other and dealers are going to recommend what they know they can install without issue, not necessarily the best product. 
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 6:15pm
What is the "installation commission"?

MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by cavu cavu wrote:

What is the "installation commission"?
It's the money paid to the shop installing pre-purchased IFD's.  Normally, a customer buys equipment from the shop that's doing the install; the shop's profit on the sale comes at that time.  Since Avidyne was selling directly to customers during the pre-buy period, an installation commission is paid to the shop to make up for them missing out on that piece of the pie.

Or, it could be the shadowy group of underworld figures who, from a distance, have infiltrated national governments around the world and now control all world affairs.  Your choice.

Edited by MysticCobra - 14 Jul 2015 at 6:41pm
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 7:23pm
How do you get it or should I say, how does the shop get it?  And how much is it?

Edited by cavu - 14 Jul 2015 at 7:46pm
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 8:01am
I have no idea.  That's between the shop and Avidyne.
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by hamilton hamilton wrote:

I really do applaud Avidynes communication with it's customers. I regularly check the forums first before contacting Avidyne as the questions have usually been asked and answered, to the point on a couple of occasions customers have advised us an update was available before we had been told.

It is disappointing the communication with its dealers is not on the same level, we have sent multiple emails regarding the installation commission for 'pre buys' with no answers, the installation was completed in January. 

I don't know if any other dealers are in the same boat?
The same customer is now awaiting delivery of their pre-purchase 440.    

We have regularly scheduled communication that goes out to our dealer network regarding any new changes to products or software or change in internal procedures.

We did go through a transition on the accounting side (which was communicated in the last bulletin). While that isn't an excuse, that is likely where the issue occurred. If you send me an email, sbennett(at)avidyne.com, with all the information, I will make sure that it gets to the appropriate people.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:15pm
Thanks AviSmipson,

It does appear that since this post progress has been made on the accounting side of things, thank you.

I guess it is more that dealers find out about a fix once it has been created and approved without always knowing a bug or change was in the pipeline, where as people on Avidyne live are party to the identification and solution of issues, pre-dealer announcement of the fix. 
Hence we come here first to see if it's finger trouble or Avidyne trouble. 

It does have it's benefits too, we can forward customers links to forums for how to do it correctly or when a update will be released, this happened again just recently with the IFD540 dimmer issue.

hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:17pm
Well we continued to be let down by Avidyne, it seemed from posting on here previously action was finally happening but that was all a rouse.

One email form accounting promising it was on track for the trail to go cold again, no more emails and no responses to our emails.

I asked our accounts lady to email all information on to to AviSimpson as requested but he hasn't replied either.

We are approaching the anniversary of the installation and still waiting.

It's hard to promote a product that the manufacturer doesn't back!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:42am

What is it that you are waiting for?

Personally, I've found support to be quick and accommodating, but that is just one man's experience.

* Orest

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:11am
I think he is a dealer looking for dealer commission payment from pre-release sale and install about a year ago?
David Gates
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ddgates ddgates wrote:

I think he is a dealer looking for dealer commission payment from pre-release sale and install about a year ago?

Ah. I see that now, upthread.

* Orest

AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 3:40pm

Well we continued to be let down by Avidyne, it seemed from posting on here previously action was finally happening but that was all a rouse.

One email form accounting promising it was on track for the trail to go cold again, no more emails and no responses to our emails.

I asked our accounts lady to email all information on to to AviSimpson as requested but he hasn't replied either.

It's hard to promote a product that the manufacturer doesn't back!
I just checked with our Director of Finance, he was in communication with multiple people at Hamilton Avionics, and confirmed that a check is being cut and mailed this week.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:20pm

As long as we are talking about financial things, when I placed my order, (July or early August 2011?) one of the extras I ordered was something I think was called TAWS-B.  I have never received any information as to when I might expect to get that function.

Any Comment?

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:23pm

Should have said: "Ordered and paid for" <G>

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:26pm
Release 10.2 (but you won't get availability dates out of me....)
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:27pm

No hurry, just did not want to be forgotten!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 10:10am

Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Release 10.2 (but you won't get availability dates out of me....)

Is there already a list of changes for the next software releases?

Klaus
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 10:24am
No.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 10:28pm
Thanks AviSimpson,

I don't think we've had an email from the same person twice, there's only two of us here they would be dealing with but it does appear that things have been processed.

As I said at the start from a user side of things communication is great and information is free flowing!, just felt like from a dealer side of things information was like blood from a stone.

Can't wait for the 440 to arrive to complete the panel!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic