Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Standby com monitor problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idmpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Standby com monitor problem
    Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:59pm
Since 10.1 update all works great except I can only monitor standby com if #1 standby is in slot right below active com.(the proper pins are properly connected to a switched input on my audio panel and I have had the hardware update).Picture one shows awos 128.32 being received in slot2 below active. Pic 2 shows no reception of 128.32 when it is #1 standby but is in slot 3. Any help will be appreciated.
j george
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:24am
Well, I'm not sure it is a problem.  I only have one standby window displayed, but my understanding was that you would only get the audio for the first standby anyway.
idmpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idmpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:28am
It is an issue if you use multiple standby com frequencies.The user manuel states that you can monitor the #1 stanby frequency.#1 stby freq is defined as frequency with surrounding box.
j george
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 12:57pm
Yes, but from the pics, it looks like it is only monitoring the #1 "physical" standby, rather than the one with the cyan box around it.

If so, that might be a bug.

* Orest

idmpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idmpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 5:16pm
I got a e-mail from avijake.It turns out that my unit is working fine.Originally with the 10.1 update it was planned that you could monitor any #1 standby com regardless of position.This was how it is described in the manuel.The present 10.1 software however only allows you to monitor the #1 standby freq if it is in slot 2 below active as posted in picture 1 in original post.Once again Steve makes things clear.
j george
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic