Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How are hold patterns defaulted in the IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are hold patterns defaulted in the IFD540
    Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:27pm
Here's a typical route from KRME to KTEB.  Keep in mind KRME is North of KTEB.

KRME  UCA  RKA  HNK V167 WEARD V489 COATE

If I place the cursor between WEARD and RUBER (the next fix on V489) ENTER and press Hold at WEARD, I get the depicted hold.  If I select WEARD first, then press ENTER and HOLD at WEARD I get the hold on V167 inbound to WEARD.

If I start from an airport south of WEARD, say KBGM then HNK V167 WEARD V489 COATE, I always get the hold on V167.

Is this by design?  Can you explain why?

AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:40am
Originally posted by cavu cavu wrote:

Here's a typical route from KRME to KTEB.  Keep in mind KRME is North of KTEB.

KRME  UCA  RKA  HNK V167 WEARD V489 COATE

If I place the cursor between WEARD and RUBER (the next fix on V489) ENTER and press Hold at WEARD, I get the depicted hold.  If I select WEARD first, then press ENTER and HOLD at WEARD I get the hold on V167 inbound to WEARD.

If I start from an airport south of WEARD, say KBGM then HNK V167 WEARD V489 COATE, I always get the hold on V167.

Is this by design?  Can you explain why?

I attempted to replicate this issue on the sim and each time I tried to either insert the hold between WEARD & RUBER or hitting enter at WEARD, I get: Hold North of WEARD, Right Turns, 1 Min, 199 degrees.

Are you seeing this too?
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:17am

I tried to attach an image but you have it turned off.  Couldn't even link to an image on a public server.

I tried it again and it happens exactly as I stated above.  If click on WEARD and hold at WEARD it places hold on V167 (130 degrees).  If I click between WEARD and RUBER it makes the hold as depicted aligned with V489 (199 degrees).  If you do KBGM HNK V167 WEARD V489 COATE, no matter where I place the cursor, it places the hold on the V167 (not as depicted).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 3:32pm
You can email me the image at sbennett (at) avidyne.com. I'll be more than happy to look into it. I might have you download the logs as well but lets start with the image.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm
Hi,  I sent the image to your email address a few days ago.  What do you think?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 10:26am
Originally posted by cavu cavu wrote:

Hi,  I sent the image to your email address a few days ago.  What do you think?

Sorry about the delay in responding, Oshkosh prep was taking a lot of bandwidth last week. I am sending you an email with what I was able to recreate.

Our Principal Engineer that designed the FMS is taking a look at the issue. I hope to have something to you by the end of the week.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic