Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10.1 Rubber Banding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10.1 Rubber Banding
    Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 7:17pm
As of 10.1, it is now possible to rubber band the active leg.  I noticed a behavior that I am not sure is correct.  I was on the leg to my final destination.  The DTK was 081 degrees.  I used the rubber band to create a waypoint to the right and activated it.  My DTK was now 125 degrees.  A few moments later, I deleted this newly created waypoint and expected my new waypoint and DTK to be my destination again as it was before adding it.  Instead, My magenta line was gone and I had a DTK of 001 which was way off from the correct DTK of about 080.  Has anyone else experienced this?
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 4:31pm
You deleted the active leg.  If you did not also delete the destination it will try to reestablish on path from previous fix to destination.  If you deleted the destination also, it will fly the heading bug heading.

It sounds like you wanted to leave the rubber banded fix there and just cursor select the destination, press Direct then Activate the leg to the destination.

Edited by cavu - 05 Jul 2015 at 4:41pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:49pm
Thanks. I did not delete the destination also....only the fix that was rubber banded to.  I expected that by deleting this newly created fix, I would see the previous route to my destination that I had been flying prior to the rubber banding.  Of course, I was able to select the destination and hit direct but I was just wondering if what I saw was expected behavior.
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 8:49am
I tried it and when I deleted the rubberbanded fix, the original path appeared and the aircraft flew to intercept with normal intercept heading. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic