Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Output Port Configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Output Port Configuration
    Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 8:01pm

In version 10.1 is it possible to have two of the serial output ports configured for "Aviation" data output at the same time?

I would like to set port #2 and #3 to Aviation data because I know that the devices I have connected on port 2 use that data format and I think that the device on port 3 does too, but I might need to change it.

Dlesh123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlesh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 8:25pm
Our unit had port 4 and 5 set to Aviation, port 5 would not work. My understanding is 10.1 will actually prevent you from even selecting aviation on more than one port.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 8:32pm
Can't do it yet but our next major software release will let you set any number of output ports to Aviation 232.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Can't do it yet but our next major software release will let you set any number of output ports to Aviation 232.

That is a nice step forward, from this GNS level limitation.

* Orest

DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 9:54pm
By "major" do you mean 10.2? Or 10.1.1? Any gross idea of the timeline on that? Weeks, months, or years?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 10:01pm
Sorry, no comment.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:16pm

LOL.  No problem.  I understand.

Mostly just trying to get a feel for what decimal point level constitutes a Major software change at Avidyne.   Different manufacturers seem to treat that term differently.

No judgment.  Just wondering.

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:51pm
From what I've seen so far, the first decimal is a major, the second a minor.

10.0.2 -> 10.0.3 (minor)

10.0.3 -> 10.1.0 (major)

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:58pm
Correct
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:44pm

Quote next major software release will let you set any number of output ports to Aviation

Thank you for all of your help so far.  I have a follow-on question if you don't mind.  I just want to make sure that there won't be any limitations on which ports can have duplicate data.  In my case, I think that the optimal configuration will end up with Aviation on port #1 and port #4.

I really appreciate the help.

David Bunin

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 5:42am
Just don't use Ch 3 for it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:13pm
Ok, thanks.  Good to know!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic