Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

recommended shops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recommended shops
    Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 7:05am

I have decided to create this thread in my own self interest.  We all have invested in the success of avidyne.   

As I read through a lot of the threads where people have problems, a lot of them I feel can be resolved with a competent shop that knows how to properly install, has the patience, and technical ability to trouble shoot installation issues instead of immediately blaming avidyne. 

Many of the intermittent problems I think are due to poor installations.  To that end, I don’t want this to turn into a bashing thread rather for those of us who have had a successful installation; I would like to identify those shops. 

For me I recommend Hawk Aviation services in Calhoun Georgia. 

http://www.hawkav.com/

Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 10:15am
I can recommend two in the North East

Nexair Avionics in Mansfield, MA - 1B9

VIP Avionics in Hartford, CT - KHFD
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:32am
Lancaster Avionics - Lancaster, PA  -  KLNS.

Ken
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:07pm
Brant Aero - CYFD

A solid full service avionics (and maintenance) shop. They are experienced with Avidyne.

Brantford, ON, Canada

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 10 Apr 2015 at 7:00pm
rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:11pm
Stellar Avionics in Chester, CT KSNC

They cater to the piston crowd and thus don't present you with turbine class quotes.

Rolfe
Jrlumpp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrlumpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:13pm
VIP in Hartford, KHFD top shop in north east
jwjenks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwjenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:10am
I worked with Rick, at Islip Avionics KISP in Long Island, NY (631-588-3543) and they gave me a good price and less than two weeks install for IFD540,  audio panel AMX240, transponder AXP 340, and Garmin GI 106 indicator & antennas.  Right next to the LI RR station.
JWJ
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:52am
In SoCal talk to Robin Howard of Howard Aviation.

They are at Brackett Field in LaVerne, CA.
ptlevine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 3:20pm
Three Wing in KBDR did a great job with mine. 
B2C2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B2C2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 3:56pm
I highly recommend Executive Autopilots in Sacramento at KSAC. On time, very professional and fixed every issue without question or charge. Their attitude was make it right.
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 9:50pm
Agreed, Executive Autopilots is a great shop. They did a WAAS upgrade, GDL-69 install, and ELT install. They'll be doing my 440/54o install too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic