Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Draft Pilot Guide posted for Release 10.1.0.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draft Pilot Guide posted for Release 10.1.0.0
    Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 9:24am
I've just published a draft version of the IFD540 Release 10.1.0.0 compatible Pilot Guide.  It's available for download at:  http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads/ifd-series.asp

Look for the one titled, "IFD540 Pilot's Guide Release 10.1.0.0 Draft".   Every word I changed or added is currently highlighted in yellow for easy finding.  I will remove the yellow highlighting and put in change bars only for the final copy.   I haven't updated the page numbers in the index yet - I'll do that last.

There were a few motivations for posting this draft:

1.  Give folks a good sense of exactly what's changing from a user's perspective;

2.  Give people a chance to review the changes and provide input before it's locked down and sent to the publishers for printing.  We have roughly 2-ish weeks before I hit that point so any input you'd like to send my way would be most appreciated.   Since it could end up clogging up this forum easily, I'd ask that if you want to send input, please use my email address (sjacobson@avidyne.com) for that feedback.

I expect to post a draft of the IFD440 variant in about a week's time.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 10:01am
Arrgh.  Something happened to the pdf file when posting that dropped all the yellow highlighting of the changes.  Standby.....
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 10:01am
I was just going to report the same!

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 10:12am
All fixed.  It was a bad link.  Should be good to go now.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 10:30am
Yep, lots of yellow now.

* Orest

Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 1:17pm
Could the pilot guide include instructions on what is required to delete an approach from an active flight plan?  I've managed to do it in the plane, but it took a lot of trial and error and I can't remember how it was eventually accomplished.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 1:18pm
Good idea!  I'll add it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 8:06pm
It looks like this is going to be a very nice update.

Any chance the keyboards can be shipped directly to the owners instead of having to get them from the dealer?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 10:45pm
Yes, that is the intent. For registered folks, I hope to send the pilot guide and keyboard out in the same package. There are some timing issues I still need to work out to enable that but that's the intent.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
sikhpilotmd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sikhpilotmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 4:46pm
Whats this talk of a remote Transponder? Does AXP340 work?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:09pm
Release 10.1.0.0 does add support for a remote  transponder (no control head in the cockpit).    The AXP340 is a panel mount transponder and does not fall into the "remote  transponder" category.  It has no 2-way comm flow that supports mode and code.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:58am
Steve,
Just to clarify, Pg 4-42 "Advisory Glideslope":
Does this function apply to non SBAS operations for eg throughout Australia and the South Pacific ?
I presume not.
Ed B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:40am
I missed today's webinar. Can you summarize what was discussed.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 2:08pm
It is a shame these regular webinars are not recorded and made available for review.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DH82FLYER DH82FLYER wrote:

Steve,
Just to clarify, Pg 4-42 "Advisory Glideslope":
Does this function apply to non SBAS operations for eg throughout Australia and the South Pacific ?
I presume not.

Advisory glideslope will be displayed for RNAV approaches, GPS approaches, and approaches that are authorized for a GPS overlay regardless of SBAS.  In a non-SBAS environment, if one of those kinds of approaches is selected and there is a published flight path angle in our database for that approach, you'll get LNAV+V.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic