Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Requests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Requests
    Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 4:56pm
1) Toggle FLTA on/off by touching the FTLA title in the header
2) Shortcut datablocks
3) Duplicate datablocks
4) Selectable datablocks

Yesterday as I was doing some post-maintenance flying, my tablet was screaming terrain most of the time.  I am right at the foothills of the Sierras.  I know that it is possible to turn off the FLTA aural warnings, but it doesn't seem quick and easy to be toggling it during flight.  It would be nice to be able to touch the FTLA off banner on the top of the screen to toggle it on and touch the time (where the FLTA off is displayed when disabled) to toggle it off to make this easier.  Looking at the warnings of FLTA, my home airport probably won't be a problem for FLTA, it'll just show a lot of red for the TA, but flying through the mountain passes or landing at airports such as L05 where I fly regularly, I believe the reduced terrain clearance will have this thing screaming.

That got me thinking, with the scrollable datablocks coming, it would be nice if you could also add blocks that are purely shortcuts.  For  example, it would be nice to be able to add a small datablock that is a shortcut to a specific checklist.  Since you can scroll the datablocks, you can have a pre-takeoff checklist shortcut up top, and you can have a landing checklist down in the lower datablocks.  You could also have shortcuts for timers or calculators.

Since you are now going to be able to scroll the datablocks, it would nice to be able to have duplicate datablocks.  That way you don't have to scroll to find the datablock you are looking for.

You could also make the datablocks selectable so if you touch a waypoint datablock, it can take you to the info screen for that airport.  If you select the VSR field it can pop up a box for you to edit the preferred descent rate instead of having to go through the menus to change it..  If you have the wind vector datablock without a baro input, selecting it can open an air data calculator and closing it can populate the wind vector based on the calculated value.  Perhaps you'd change the wind icon slightly based on if you have baro data or manually calculated to prevent confusion when flying with airplanes with different configurations.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 9:11am
Ideas have been entered into candidate feature database.

BTW, as part of Rel 10.1, the FLTA on/off/inhibited banner has been moved to a cyan CAS message from that top strip.  And, duplicate datablocks are permitted now and with the scrollable feature coming in Rel 10.1.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 1:12pm
Sure enough on the duplicates, I was seeing some greyed out and was thinking that was due to it being previously selected, but I think its because it wasn't valid for the space I had selected.

If you can create shortcut datablocks, then you could set one to toggle the FLTA alerting.
Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:59am
I couldn't find any way to get distance to an arbitrary point not in the flight plan, apart from the Nearest function. Maybe a new datablock item?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 9:10am
Royski - correct.  We've added that to the future feature database. A number of folks are asking for it and we will do it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 9:37am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Royski - correct.  We've added that to the future feature database. A number of folks are asking for it and we will do it.

Steve-

Thank you!!

Bob
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic