Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

data update - how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: data update - how?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 6:43pm
I have set up the IFD540 on my Jeppesen account, I got the bundled nav/obstacles/charts. Jeppesen has forwarded the usual long serial number to me.

I have now also set up my aircraft, and IFD540 (and APX340) on the myavidyne.com site.

Jepp indicates I need to obtain a key code ...

Sir, your new JeppView software serial number is  xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. You will need to obtain an Avidyne key code at myavidyne.com.

Craig Ensley

Customer Consultant
General Aviation Sales and Service 

I don't see anywhere to input or add the Jepp serial number on the myavidyne.com site.

Please advise.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 03 Dec 2014 at 7:14pm
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 8:42pm
I would give Jepp Tech support a call, I dont think you need the long serial number.  I did the same thing on Monday and downloaded the data via this app:

They also have a windows version:

It's possible the SN is for the iPad app that displays charts.

Edited by fritz - 03 Dec 2014 at 9:32pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 9:22pm
The serial numbers themselves are used to validate the Jeppview application on windows, and apps on android or iOS, I get four licenses altogether.

And yes, I understand that you use JSUM to upload the data to the USB key card. But, here is the thing -- unless that data is keyed to a unit, you could use it to upload to any unit. For purposes of subscription checking, I would expect there to be some sort of validation required.

Jepp sales had no further advice, other than referring me to the myavidyne.com site. I'll give Jepp tech support as well, to see if they can be any more helpful.

But, obviously, there has to be a number of folks on this site that have done the same, so the info should be available here too.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 03 Dec 2014 at 9:43pm
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 9:31pm
Interesting.  While at the avionics shop I called Jepp, deleted my 530 from my subscriptions and added the IFD540 to my subscriptions.  I downloaded the data to the USB 5 minutes later and immediately uploaded to the IFD540.  I did not need to enter a SN at any time.

Good luck!

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 9:41pm
Well, then I must have been misled. Perhaps the key code has not been implemented yet.

Odd.

In any case, yes, thanks Fritz!

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 04 Dec 2014 at 12:10am
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 7:37am
The serial number is for JeppView on PC or JeppFD on iPad. You dont need it for IFD540 data updates.

You just install JSUM and log in with your email/password. You then insert the USB key in the computer and drag the update over to it in JSUM.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 8:45am
Got it.

Serial number is used for JeppTC as well (on android).

* Orest

JBAvidyne View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBAvidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 11:43am
The Jeppesen Representative is confusing the IFD540 with the Entegra EX500/600/5000 MultiFunction Displays.  In the Entegra MFDs, it is required that you get a CMax Keycode from www.myavidyne.com to be able to load charts.  This requirement was used to keep customers from loading CMax across multiple displays.  

The IFD540 does this internally without the need for the CMax Keycode.

Jared Butson (jbutson@avidyne.com)
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by JBAvidyne JBAvidyne wrote:

The Jeppesen Representative is confusing the IFD540 with the Entegra...

Got it. Thanks.

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic