Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the "kit" included?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the "kit" included?
    Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 6:45pm
Is the install "kit" included in the pre-ship deal for the 540?

The verbage in the agreement is "IFD540 + Pliot Guide". But, in the appendix attached to agreement is the following:

IFD540 with Installation Kit (IFD540 with Kit and Pilot's Guide)

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 20 Oct 2014 at 6:50pm
Gary T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 7:22pm
When I placed my order (Jan. 2012 = 2nd month) the installation kit added $ 500 to the
deposit amount.
Gary-T
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 8:47pm
No the installation kit does not come with the IFD540.  I had to purchase the install kit as well, since mine was a fresh install.
George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 9:54pm
My install kit was negotiated separately, but was added to the agreement.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 10:03pm
Yep, looks like I'm paying for an install kit.

* Orest

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 5:28am
Orest, congratulations on a ship date!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:55am
Thanks Tony. That email from Avidyne rather lifted my spirits. The way things were going, I was expecting next year, now it should be done before Christmas.

Just organizing an AXP340, along with the 540. They are offering a very generous discount on it to pre-ship buyers.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Oct 2014 at 9:00am
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:29am
Orest:

I just got my install done this last week:
2 540s
1 340
1 TAS 605A
and an Alpha Systems AOA for good measure.
Unfortunately they found a voltage issue in the AP so I am waiting for the controller to come back, then all done.
If there were a way to post pix on this forum I would.

Makes me think the moderator ought to create a thread or section "Post your panel" for display of after Avidyne installs.

Glad you are getting your unit(s).  Gonna be good.
David Gates
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:42am
David, send me a picture and I can post it.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Gring Gring wrote:

David, send me a picture and I can post it.

Hi Geoff:

Don't have an email address.
David Gates
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Thanks Tony. That email from Avidyne rather lifted my spirits. The way things were going, I was expecting next year, now it should be done before Christmas.

Just organizing an AXP340, along with the 540. They are offering a very generous discount on it to pre-ship buyers.

* Orest

Orest,

Did you contact Avidyne first prompting them to email you?  IIRC you are month 4.  I'm month 2 and haven't heard anything.  Not sure what the difficulties are that we've been hearing about contacting people...  Congrats on the ship date.  It's nice to see finished installations starting to flow.
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 11:22am
gring@racetek-engineering.com
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 11:36am
I'm month 2, and haven't heard anything either.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

Orest,

Did you contact Avidyne first prompting them to email you?  IIRC you are month 4.  I'm month 2 and haven't heard anything.  Not sure what the difficulties are that we've been hearing about contacting people...  Congrats on the ship date.  It's nice to see finished installations starting to flow.

I have been calling them about once a month since the Summer, just for a chat. Actually learned a few interesting things talking to the sales staff.

Originally I thought I was month two, then I was told I was month four (a year ago), and then curiously in the notification email I was told I was month five. I don't really care what month they call me, as long as I get the unit. They expect to ship in December.

I think they just have a chronological list of names, the month "label" seems a little arbitrary.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Oct 2014 at 1:52pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 5:24pm
Luckily there is still some mystery in the world....

For anyone who wants to know where they fit in the queue, your best bet is to send a direct email to Jared Butson at jbutson@avidyne.com.  He has the final word.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic