Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The IFD 540 Sim and IOS 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The IFD 540 Sim and IOS 8
    Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 2:43pm
I have updated my iPad to IOS 8 and the sim now appears to be broken.  The main page displays with the Avidyne splash page on the unit.  That's about it.  
Myron Oakley
Blue Sky Aviators, LLC
Turbo Twin Comanche N8689Y
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 6:40pm
Hi Myron,

Yes, I'm afraid that's a real problem right now.  We have another post on this very topic in a different thread (http://avidynelive.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=383&title=ipad-app-available-for-download)

Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Ouch!  My fault for failing to make a pre-emptive post. 

Yes, the iPad app for the IFD540 does not (yet) work for iOS8.   We're working on the update now and it will also resolve the 4ish known bugs with the app.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 2:05pm
We have the app running in iOS-8 now and have fixed a few bugs.  We expect to submit the update to Apple in the next day or so.  That *should* mean an iOS-8 compatible version shortly.....
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 12:04pm
We did submit the iOS8 compatible app to the Apple store 7-10 days ago.  We're still waiting for it to toggle from "Under Review" to "Available for Download".    Will post an update when that's available.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic