Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Release 9 Insiders - Anyone can post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R9 Cmax Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R9 Cmax Charts
    Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 5:12pm
Have not been able to get my R9.3 installed yet as Avidyne is not supplying me with an update date but I have a new issue on R9.2 that I cannot figure out.
Been using Cmax Jeppesen charts on my IFD2 for 5 years now. It has always worked well and uploads from the Jeppesen site have been pretty seamless. Starting with the August 15 update I developed a problem. The upload started about 22% into the upload indicating "error". Tried to reinstall with a new download on the thumb drive and the same thing happened. But the expiration said Aug 29 so I figured it worked.
Went back today to upload the August 29 update and it only got to 6% of the upload and "error" appeared again! And now I have no charts at all on the IFD. In the meantime, I was able to easily up date the navigation database on both IFDs due once a month. That upload went without a hitch on August 22.
Anyone have an idea on what is wrong here? The problem is isolated to only approach chart updates and nothing else.
Thanks for any advice.
Brian
Brian
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:06pm
This is new to us.  We haven't heard or seen this before so we'll run some tests in the lab on Tuesday.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:45pm
Jake:
I am going to try one more variation just to rule out a thumb drive defect. I have completely reformatted the drive for the first time in a long time. Am going to try to download the charts again and see if the "refreshed" thumb drive makes a difference. But my gut tells me it is in the IFD that the problem exists.
When it first began 2 weeks ago, the upload appeared to get "stuck" at about 25% complete instead of moving through the usual sequence of about 1% every few seconds. then the "error" message appears.
Now it just stops and gives the error after a 6% upload.
Thanks,
Brian
Brian
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 8:05pm
My money is on the fob getting old/corrupted.   We'll definitely run some tests on Tues but looking forward to hearing about your results too.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 8:09pm
Will let you know. It worked fine until two weeks ago.

Brian
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 8:11pm
I don't doubt that for a second but that seems to be nature of fob decay.   We'll see.  In any case, something is obviously not right and we'll nail it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 11:13am
Jake:
Ran a test this morning. Took the old FOB, reformatted and then downloaded the current database. Also took a fresh FOB with the current database on it. Ran the first FOB and after a 6% download, it stopped with an error message just like the last two weeks. Took the second fresh FOB, inserted it, and at 6-8% download stopped with the same error message. So I think it is pretty clear it is not the FOB.
With either FOB in the USB port, the screen starts up recognizing the database it is supposed to download. When I hit the button to start the download, I see a very quick flash of the screen off and then back on when it starts. It does this with both FOBs and I do not recall it doing that in the past when everything worked OK. That is the only thing different I see compared to normal.
Now to recap how this started, two weeks OK I tried a routine download and the progress got stuck at 25% download. I let it sit and it made no further progress. It was as if the screen was frozen with only 25% complete. Even though it says not to disconnect power during a download, I had to shut off the master switch to "unfreeze" it. I did not remove the FOB until there was all power off. But when I attempted to download a second time then, and all times since, I get the error message after 6%. Did not get an error message when the screen was frozen two weeks ago; just the freeze. 
As I said, between these attempts two weeks ago and now, the same IFD downloaded the navigation database update just fine. So this purely related to the charts only.
The only other new information from two weeks ago is that now I have no charts at all. For the past two weeks I guess it allowed be to operate on old charts but now all are gone. So there is a bit more urgency to get this fixed.
I hope that helps. Feel free to ask further questions. 
PS Still waiting on a date to get my R9.3 installed.
Brian
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:04pm
Okay, can we can a copy of the logs from both IFDs?

And we'll move you up in the queue for R9.3 that will surely get this resolved.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:16pm
Which logs do you want? I am sure you do not want all of them.
Brian
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:40am
Actually, I see ways to copy movies or web pages here but no way to attach documents. Am I missing something?
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic