Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 Certification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD440 Certification
    Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 2:45pm

Congratulations to the team for the cert on the IFD 540

Now that they are shipping I figured it is time to start a new topic for the IFD-440 certification process.

So Jake I know you are still enjoying a deserved vacation but when you get back and settled we would appreciate an update on the IFD-440.

Edited by AviJake - 25 Feb 2015 at 8:59am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 7:30pm
We're very happy with how the IFD440 development is going. I'm flying it quite often now.  For planning purposes, everybody should assume it's a December cert.   That's 6 months after the 540 cert and means we go pencils down in Oct to get all material in the hands of the FAA in Nov to get cert in Dec.

One of the things we'll work on during the early fall is to get an iPad app for the 440 out.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 3:58pm

Thanks

What about a PC based 440 simulator?  Primarily  to see how to arrange the boxes on the screen for personal preference and so I don’t get overly used to the larger screen on the 540. 

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 9:25pm
Working on it.   It's a middle priority right now so it might be a fall kind of thing.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Jack Seubert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Seubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 7:50pm
Steve,

I am wondering about the cert for the IFD 440 is the process similar to the IFD 540 or can some of the cert data be reused since it appears to be that both boxes at least have similar software and comparable hardware.

Jack
Jack Seubert
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 8:03pm
Hi Jack,

I'm glad you asked.  I was just about to make a IFD440 post.

Yes, a lot of the 540 cert data will be reused for the 440 cert.

The 440 and 540 software lines are one in the same.    Among other things, that means the release of the IFD440 software (which will be called "Release 10.1.0.0" or just "Release 10.1" for short) will simultaneously be a release for the 540.   It is premature to provide a precise definition of the new features that both the 440 and 540 will get when compared to the initial release of the 540 but I'll do that as we get closer to the cert finish line.

Most of my flights each week now are IFD440 test flights. I've got a 540 in the top slot and a 440 in the bottom slot for the test flights. I evaluate the software changes on both boxes at the same time.

The software loaded on the components of the units (e.g. VHF, GPS, I/O, main processor, maintenance modes, Operating System and drivers, etc) are identical so we can take previously certified credit and that's a huge help/times savings.

We still believe we're looking at an end of the year cert (~ 6 months after IFD540) for the 440 and Release 10.1.   I'll be sure to provide updates if that changes but I'm not expecting it.

One of the more interesting changes that has come out of flight testing the 440 is that we're going to shave off some of the top edge of the IFD440 bezel in order to improve the viewing angle of the top edge and not make the top few pixels of the glass unviewable without moving your head significantly.  Imagine shaving the top thin bezel such that we make it concave.  So, when you're viewing it from above (as will be the case with many installs) you can see the entire glass with no un-natural effort on your part.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 9:19pm
Jake:

Are you thinking about doing a 440 experimental release like y'all did with the 540?
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 9:22pm
No plans for a pilot program (pre-TSO) for the 440.

BTW, did you get word of your units ship date?
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 9:43pm
Jake:

NO, discussion, "probably", "maybe", "sorry dude you misssed it" and so forth.

I have posted over and over again, dual messaging.

I think y'all have a great future, but I also think you need some customer focus group feedback.

Would like to be constructive.

DMG
David Gates
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 7:55pm
Ok, chill on the adrenaline...

We have shipped....my thanks to sales crew.

DMG
David Gates
wingmate88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingmate88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:28pm
Wondering if there is any literature or details on how the IFD440s will display on the Avidyne EX5000 PFD and MFD?
All the Cirrus and Piper aircraft that have the Entegra EX5000 PFD/MFD displays bundled with dual 430s would have a rather easy upgrade path, but not sure if the IFD440 is the right size to be truly functional in that arrangement.
Max
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:22pm
Max,

I'll check with the Marketing folks.  I can say we have that configuration running in our Integration Test Lab and it's all working just fine.

Of course in those installations, they typically have two 430s and since the 440s are plug & play with the 430, from our perspective, they are exactly the right size (and you get bigger, brighter, and higher res glass).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
wingmate88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingmate88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:29pm
It would certainly be easiest and most cost effective if one could simply replace the 430s with IFD440s, but do you think the screen size of the IFD440s will be of sufficient size to truly be useful (considering rubber-banding and pinch and zoom etc,)? 
Or, do you think the IFD540 is that much better to invest in some panel work to fit it (somehow).
I guess I'm hoping (due to both cost and effort) you will say dual 440s will be just fine for the Entegra 5000 PFD/MFD aircraft looking to upgrade.

Thanks,

Edited by wingmate88 - 19 Sep 2014 at 9:18pm
Max
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:31pm
(IFD440 Certification Update - 19 Sep 2014)

We have concluded that we need to re-run environmental qual on the IFD440 hardware ("re-run" in the sense that we ran environmental qual for the 540 and all the internal cards are the same).  There are enough physical differences (different custom glass, different bezel, different internal fan configuration, and different back plate) that we need to re-run these tests.   That's going to result in a 10-12 week delay in cert so instead of looking at a Christmas-time cert, it looks like a spring 2015 cert.

We're frustrated by this since the software appears to be done but we don't see any other option.

On the hopeful front, we hope that delay means the software that supports the internal wifi functionality can actually be enabled with each shipping 440.   Since there is so much cert friction on the wifi functionality, we had been expecting to ship the initial 440s with the wifi functionality software-disabled.  We're running the wifi cert in parallel and *maybe* we'll be through all the hurdles in time for a concurrent approval.  We'll see.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:36pm
Max,

Tough call.  I've been spoiled by flying dual 540s for so long.  For the past few months, I've been flying a combined 540-440 configuration so that's still not completely representative of your expected combo.

I find that I use the lower IFD, no matter the size, in a supporting role for the upper IFD.  

We have done some slick things in the 440 (which the 540 will get automatically too) that help maximize the usable screen space.  For example, the user can elect to have the tabs along the bottom of the screen "sink down" after x seconds of no use (x is selectable by the user).   Another example is that we've added a feature where the user can change the flight plan into single line depictions instead of 3-4 lines per leg.   And yet another example is that the user can turn off the top strip datablock and the heading box at the top of the map, all of which increase usable space.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 10:33am
Jake

How's the 440 cert coming along?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:10pm
(IFD440 Certification Update - 27 Oct 2014)

Cert progress is trucking along.   Still looking at a spring release.

Another piece of good news today involved temperature.  Heat creation/dissipation was an issue we've been actively working on and test results reviewed today showed that a few minor design tweaks have made a big improvement.   That clears the way for the new hardware qual to start in the winter which is essential to keeping it on a spring release path.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:19am
Well, another year goes by and another annual, once again without being able to install the new electronics. Very frustrated that the 440 delayed until spring. I will probably not be able to pass my medical by the time this gets sorted out. Yes, a good deal to buy early but was it really considering the delays?
Dan
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:22am
P.S.
Two years, 4 months.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 10:31pm
Will the 440 provide terrain alerts (audio) just like the 540?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 7:24am
Yes.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 7:33pm
2years 5 months
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 7:25am
(IFD440 Certification Update - 12 Dec 2014)

Everything still nicely on track for a spring time release.   The hardware qual should be all done by late Feb/early March.   Software is looking to finish at the same time.   Software release 10.1 covers both the IFD540 and IFD440.   Flight test is going fine too - no hiccups of any meaning discovered.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 2:52pm
Thanks for the reply back in Dec. any updates?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 4:00pm
(IFD440 Certification Update - 5 Jan 2015)

No issues of any kind have been encountered since the last update.   Hardware and Software qual are all still on track to complete by March which should be mean certification 2-4 weeks after that.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 6:57pm
2 1/2 years. Still waiting.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by dnally dnally wrote:

2 1/2 years. Still waiting.

It will have been worth the wait, pretty much guaranteed.

* Orest

dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:53pm
That remains to be seen. My issue is not the equipment but as most all bloggers have expressed it is the lack of meeting promises and Avidyne's treatment of early adopters vs retail sales today that approach the value we should have received. As pointed out in other parts of this forum, they haven't a clue about how to truly treat and appreciate the customers that have supported them with their capital, patience. I really should have kept my cash and bought a 540/340 this month.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by dnally dnally wrote:

T... I really should have kept my cash and bought a 540/340 this month.

Well, the 440 is not shipping yet, so you should be able to request a refund, and do exactly that.

* Orest

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:06pm
You are missing the point.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 12:22am
I don't think he is.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 7:35am
Dnally, The Avidyne sales team is quite accommodating.   I'm sure you can exchange your preordered 440 for a 540 and a transponder.  You should give them a call.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 9:25am
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

You are missing the point.

That may well be so.

Perhaps it is just that my view is different. I remain quite happy with the healthy discount that I got on my IFD540, and then a similar discount on the AXP340 that was offered to pre-ship customers. 

Whether the pre-buy program was to raise capital or just to stave off customers moving to a competitor, I don't know, I would guess probably a bit of both. I do have to say that that is what caught my initial interest -- and for that I'm forever thankful. I would be really ticked off now, if I had gone to a "lesser" *armin product a couple of years ago.

Personally, I don't begrudge the short term discounts that Avidyne is offering to new buyers currently (or may in the future), that is a relatively common phenomenon at product releases to garner interest, to get the ball rolling. And from a selfish perspective, it is in my interest as well to have the product succeed in the market! But, honestly, I can also say that once I got the product(s) installed, I was much more ready to forgive any delays I had endured. Reportedly, in the next month that should include all the 540 pre-ship folks, and the backlog of 340s. Obviously the 440 folks still have a bit of waiting, which leads into my initial note on this.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 20 Jan 2015 at 11:10am
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 11:20pm
The specific point is I am 60 yrs old with medical issues that challenge me in maintaining a Class III medical every year. Foolishly or not, I counted on Avidyne to do what they said they would do. I wanted to use this equipment while getting an IFR rating. Hasn't happened yet. So it is not only the price thing that has put me off but the whole situation. Trust was given, it wasn't appreciated. The overall timeline on this was/ is unacceptable. The economic piece is just salt in the wound.

And yes, Orest is missing the point.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 11:43pm
Ah, that fills out the story a bit more. I'm sorry to hear of your situation.

Myself, I had the luxury of being able to wait. Except for the general impatience of wanting the stuff "yesterday", I did have a fully functional panel, and did not have any overriding time sensitive issues.

I hope things work out for you.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 20 Jan 2015 at 11:48pm
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 8:10pm
Thanks-me too.
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 9:29am
This is for Jake or some one in the sales team. I am in the process of buying a new stack. Have really liked what i read in brochure about the 540, auto pilot and audio panel/440 txp. But after the you tube showing the 540 getting lost and a lot of the post here I starting really worry and to look elsewhere. Can any one tell me with out any doubt what the 540 will do out of the box. I mean how many and which different soft ware packages do you have to buy , how often and does the unit quit when that package expires? What specials are available for immediate purchases. There seems to be a lot of disagrement on these items. I just want to know what I am getting and what do i need to buy?? Thanks for any help, 
Alan
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 9:49am
Hi Alan,

Thanks for joining AvidyneLive.

I'm not sure but is the YouTube video you reference showing the unit lose GPS lock?  If so, those problems were addressed in recent minor software releases. 

I'm afraid I'm not following your software packages question.   There is only one software package for the IFD540 and 440.   There is an option to upgrade either unit to a 16W radio transmitter for 28V aircraft but that is the only available option at this time.   We do periodically release new software updates that address field issues (like that YouTube video) and/or add new features (like the upcoming spring release of "10.1.0.0").  We don't have any notion of a package expiring.

The only concept of something expiring are the Jeppesen Nav, Chart and Obstacle databases - maybe that's what you meant??.  Those are subscription based data updates from Jepp to keep your nav, charts and obstacle data current.  While we don't endorse letting those subscriptions lapse, if they do expire, the IFD540 and 440 will continue to operate just fine.  In the case of expired charts, you will get an "Expired" watermark on the chart but it still appears.

There has been a lot of confusion on the Jepp bundles and we spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday with the Jepp managers stressing the need to clean up that confusion.   Because there are literally hundreds of ways to slice up the Chart subscriptions geographically, it's tough to concisely provide a one price fits all option for the charts BUT there are two bundles available for your Avidyne equipped cockpit from Jepp.   Our sales guys can walk you through that Jepp option world.

If you send a direct email to Jared Butson (jbutson@avidyne.com), he can ensure a knowledgeable guy walks you through the details.

Does that address what you are asking?

Jake
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
topogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 9:56am
For what its worth... If you decide to move ahead....
You might give Gulf Coast Avionics in Lakeland a call and talk to Andy.  They were very knowledgable, informed and up to date.  They did my IFD540 install (at a very good price FYI) and I'm happy with this box.  Once you get the FMS logic (which aint too hard!) its very intuitive.  And, there are many cool features when you drill down on the manifold systems and customizations that are possible.  I heard that GC is getting in a ton of new IFD540's (like 27?). They (GC) would be a good source to check on for the IFD 440 as well.  By the way, I am in no way affiliated with GC... just a very satisfied customer!
Not all that counts can be counted
roltman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 10:25am
Alan, interesting, I'll have to find the video.

I have about 6000nm on my IFD540.  I dunno if that's a lot or not compared to others. I have not had it get lost as I've flown around the US with it.  I have flown several approaches without issue.  Having nearly one of the very first shipping units, my unit was not without glitches, but all have been addressed promptly, and I should stress the current shipping units do not have these initial issues I experienced.

I was a tentative/conservative person as well. I only purchased one IFD540 and kept a 430W in my plane as a fall back if the unit didn't work as advertised. Things have worked so well, I just dropped my plane off this Thursday to install a 2nd IFD540 and a APX340 ADS-B transponder to replace this Garmin 430W and my 330 transponder.  Mainly because I have not touched my 430W on any flight for the last 20+ some flight hours as my IFD540 has been used exclusively.

As for software packages, I don't know what you are asking. I did purchase data from Jeppesen just like I did for my GNS430Ws, but I haven't sent Avidyne a cent for anything after buying the GPS. As for expired data, if the Jeppesen data is out of date, I believe the only feature you lose is the aircraft geo-referenced on the Jeppesen IFR terminal procedure charts.

I don't think you can buy directly from Avidyne anymore, but only through a distributor, but someone from Avidyne should comment on this. I think the best deal right now is with Gulf Coast Avionics (where I purchased my 2nd unit), and it took literally 3 business days from when I picked up the phone till I had all the equipment.  I placed my order about two weeks ago, so almost all manufacturing backlogs have been addressed.

You mentioned the smaller 440 GPS.  This unit currently is not finished with certification. Steve (a.k.a. Jake) can comment on it's exact state, but I think its very close.

I guess the take-away is I put my toe in the water and got my first IFD540 unit back in October, I've flown about 6000nm with it, including in and around very busy DC/NY airspace.  I was so pleased with its performance that I purchased a 2nd one.

For what it's worth I did replace my GMA340 audio panel with the PS Engineering PMA450 instead of buying an Avidyne 240 audio panel, so I'm not some Avidyne loyalist.  I just thought the PMA450 user interface to be better, and it does support every feature the Avidyne audio panel has including the standby MON feature. I tried them both out at Oshkosh last summer, and suggest anyone buying equipment try to do the same.

Alan, hope this helps.

Regards,

Ryan
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 10:34am
(IFD440 Certification Update - 25 Jan 2015)

Still no issues have been encountered since the 5 Jan update.  Everything is on track to complete in March with TSO/STC issued 2-4 weeks after that.   We expect to have many IFD440s installed and flying in folks airplanes prior to Sun-n-Fun. 

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 12:36pm
The You tube video  is 540 Confusing Display. Jake , yes you have helped some but i will contact more dealers for further questions and the one name you sent. Thanks for the help. And the same for you guys who sent comments.
Alan
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 1:01pm
That's the video posted as part of this thread, from back in December.

Edited by MysticCobra - 25 Jan 2015 at 1:02pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 2:02pm
(IFD440 Certification Update - 5 Feb 2015)

Some interesting challenges encountered since the 25 Jan update on the display of ADS-B traffic but we're back on track and everything is still expected to be complete in March with TSO/STC issued 2-4 weeks after that.    This also means we should have a large number installed and flying in customer aircraft prior to Sun-n-Fun.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Rocket Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 2:08pm
Really Jake?

Sun N Fun starts Apr 21.
Bob
IFD 440
Beech Sierra
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 2:08pm
Really.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:45pm
Yet to be seen.
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 8:25pm
2 years 7 months
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 8:42pm
dnally,

I am definitely not following the point of your timing posts.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:48pm
Jake

Yes I have been waiting or over 2 years as well.  I have switched planes and models since this all began and I'm looking forward to the shipping of the IFD440s soon. 

Has Avidyne published a 440 simulator?

I know the main focus has been on the 540 and I have been playing with that simulator but it would be nice to have a simulator with the same screen real estate as the model I'm going to eventually get.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic