Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > Avidyne Trade Show News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Sun-n-Fun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Sun-n-Fun
    Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 8:14pm
A preview of some of our 2014 Sun-n-Fun highlights:

• AXP340 Mode S ADS-B Transponder is certified and shipping;
  • AMP240 Audio Panel is certified and will be shipping shortly;
  • IFD540 cert is expected by late June;
  • We'll have at least 2 IFD540-equipped aircraft at Plant City giving editor demo flights.  I'll be bringing down the dual IFD540 equipped (also equipped with the full Avidyne stack) Cessna 182 from Massachusetts and we'll also fly over the IFD540-IFD440 equipped Cessna 182 from Florida;
  • We've just distributed a free copy of the Windows version of the IFD540 simulator.   It's accessible online from the Avidyne website and we'll have copies at the show;
  • R9.3 (SynVis) cert is not yet in-hand but we're working through various FAA cert steps.   We haven't changed one line of code in almost a year and there are no code changes being requested by the FAA.   I'd be crazy to predict a cert date now.  Could be a week, could be a month, could be more - we can't tell when the FAA will approve this right now;
  • TAS-A products are getting a lot more internal attention to get them completed and shipping this year;
  • Avidyne is hosting a party outside the exhibit hall that we have our booth on Tuesday afternoon at 5pm.  Please come.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:03pm
Shout out to Brian at the exhibit for showing me again the awesome features 540 (2nd anniversary for me). Sorry I missed Steve at Plant City for a demo ride, I was there Friday and Saturday but couldn't find the demo airplane. Probably for the best, Steve might have punched me in the face based on my posts here to date...

Still hanging in there.  
GDC25
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 8:40am
Good to hear.

I was only at Plant City for Tues, Wed, Thurs giving editor demos and left just after lunch on Thurs back for New England.

Editor demos went great and articles ought to be flowing in the very near future.

As for punching anyone in the face, despite the fact that I flew combat attack jets for years, I'd consider myself a lover and not a fighter these days.....
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 9:13am
Hope those reviews start coming hard and fast. It is a great product, it should win awards.

* Orest

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:50am
Is Avidyne going to have a demo set up in AOPA event in San Marcos later this month?

I am only an hour away from that event and would like to see the current HW in demo

Ed

Ed
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:09pm
Afraid not Ed.  We tried to book but apparently waited too long - they are all sold out for vendors with no room left.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 7:54am

Any chance of making the American Bonanza Society convention in Wichita this June?

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 9:59am
Yes, we're planning on being there.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 10:04am
Great. Looking Forward to seeing you then.

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic