Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plea for non-US (Canadian) customers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plea for non-US (Canadian) customers
    Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 9:52am
I'm based in Canada. Although I probably spend more time in US airspace than Cdn, I obviously need the Canadian navdata.

With other devices, if you want Cdn navdata, you are forced to buy ALL of the US and Canada, plus Central America, plus South America! That has an impact not only on the pocketbook, but also update time and with having scads of data that I will never use but have to contend with when picking waypoints. (eg. multiple instances of VORs and such).

True, that Geofill will largely mitigate one of these factors, but not the pocketbook, nor update time -- which for the IFD540 given its in-aircraft only update method, is significant.

My plea:

Please make available the Canadian navdata available separately, on a "menu list" so that we can choose for example:

1) All US
2) plus All Canada

or even

1) Eastern US
2) plus All Canada

... and no Central or South America navdata.

You can do this with plate data, theoretically it should be possible for navdata as well.

This may not be under your control, but rather Jepp's, or perhaps there are issues with overlap of regions and separating the data out. But I throw this out there. If implemented it would be a significant selling feature for folks outside the US, perhaps with virtually no cost to you.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 31 Jan 2014 at 2:46pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 2:12pm
Orest,

When I get a few minutes, I'll look at the segmentation options and report back here.  
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 2:45pm
Thanks!

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic