Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist for the next IFD software release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 9:07am
Originally posted by glassanza glassanza wrote:

Also miss the "G" schedule page on the 530, nice to have a reminder of things like IFR Cert date reminder, oil change hour countdown, annual reminder, etc...

Maybe I misinterpret but the IFDs have that as well.  In fact, I use those for exactly those three things a few others.   Check out the Custom Timers section of the IFD Pilot Guide - see pages 4-8 and 4-9 of the Rev 02 IFD540 manual.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
lolsen94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolsen94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 11:56am
I did do some checking around and you are correct, don't need to check RAIM using WAAS GPS. Thanks!
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by lolsen94 lolsen94 wrote:

My wish list is:
- Auto load charts to destination airport with ability to change.
- RAIM check in easier location or data block since part of flight plan check list.

- Airspace alarm not engaging until time or altitude after takeoff.

+1

Garmin calls this "Smart Airspace" : and it shows only altitude-relevant airspaces in normal depiction, nonrelevant airspaces only with thin dashed lines). 

Klaus
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Originally posted by glassanza glassanza wrote:

Also miss the "G" schedule page on the 530, nice to have a reminder of things like IFR Cert date reminder, oil change hour countdown, annual reminder, etc...

Maybe I misinterpret but the IFDs have that as well.  In fact, I use those for exactly those three things a few others.   Check out the Custom Timers section of the IFD Pilot Guide - see pages 4-8 and 4-9 of the Rev 02 IFD540 manual.

Jake, I read it the same way you did, and I was going to post the same response.  So if you misinterpreted it, at least you have company.

David Bunin
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 4:21pm
Steve I apologize and retract the "Reminder" wish I made previously, I did not realize (because I did not thoroughly read that section of the User Guide) that touching the screen below the Departure Time box would bring up the  Custom Timer Box. Maybe adding a "Custom Timer" tab below the Departure Time section would help those of us getting up in years find it without having to refer back to the User Guide. Just a thought...
GDC25
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 5:31pm

Klaus -

My old Eventide Argus performs a similar function:  Airspace depictions are displayed in green if you are at an altitude (+- 1000ft) that is above/below their effective limits, and in red if they are in effect at your altitude.

Edited by AUXAIR - 11 Jan 2016 at 5:32pm
David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 1:22pm

David,

interesting that even Argus had already this function.

I have no idea why the IFD still shows airspaces beginning 5000 or 10000 ft above/below. And the airspace info is without depiction (highlite) of the concerning border. 

But Steve promised changes.

Klaus
clydeps View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clydeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 1:50am
A few things I'd like to see in a future release:

When the frequency list pop-up appears, it stays on the screen until the X or CLR button is pressed. I'd like it to auto-dismiss after a user-definable period of inactivity.

When a datablock is configured to show nearest airport, destination etc. I'd like to be able to tap on that datablock and have the INFO page for the airport displayed.

I'd like a datablock option that will show minutes and/or miles to the TOD marker. Right now if ATC asks what my top of descent will be I either have to work it out in my head or tap on the screen as close as possible to the TOD marker and see how far from my present position it is.

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 9:27am
The whole TOD information will be greatly expanded in 10.2 I believe, including adding a TOD block in the flightplan. For now, don't forget that you can advise ATC just by looking at the screen, you do have range rings.

Clicking through to the airport INFO page has been requested too, I think. That would be a nice feature.

* Orest

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 10:19am
Orest,
How would you feel about a Boeing Banana?  :) :).   Seriously though,  I just presented an IMC Club meeting on an engine out in IMC conditions with 3 possible airports to head to.  How useful that feature would be in that situation!!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 5:40pm
Well, clearly a Boeing Banana facility would be invaluable in an engine out situation.

In the IFD setting you would have to select an airport and set an altitude constraint there to get any glide guidance, but that is not that many clicks.

In a Boeing it works a little differently, the banana keys to the altitude preset that is set in the mode control panel (MCP) vice an altitude constraint in the flight plan. So that would be even faster and easier. You would normally set in the MCP the next lower altitude that you are cleared to. But unless we can get Avidyne to rig up a quick & cheap slide-in MCP for all of your planes...  ;-) 

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 23 Jan 2016 at 5:42pm
safari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 11:48am
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but with all the new devices there are so many manuals one should carry around to be legal Could their be an aux page to store these manuals digitally to keep us in compliance with carrying all these documents. 
Dave
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:23pm
I agree 100% with the need, but think that using a panel unit such as the IFDxxx that is subject to FAA certification rules and costs is not the best place for the info. These manuals use up a lot of GB and I can't imagine trying to read one of them in the small panel unit screen real estate. In addition, the info wouldn't be available when not in the aircraft or only when the aircraft is powered up. I think Avidyne's resources are better spent on continuing to enhance the in-flight functionality.

I have a tablet where I now keep all my documents. This approach is manufacturer neutral and has everything from all my avionics PG, IM, and installation schematics to the aircraft service and parts manual, airframe & engine type certificates, AFM, STC paperwork, service bulletins, etc. Sure, I need to keep it up to date myself but that ensures that I'm on top of my game.

Vince
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by safari safari wrote:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but with all the new devices there are so many manuals one should carry around to be legal Could their be an aux page to store these manuals digitally to keep us in compliance with carrying all these documents. 

That capability is already logged in our potential future feature candidate database.  However, I don't think it will ever happen and here's why:

That's a lot of code to create and certify just so you can time share that data on your relatively small display screen.  Instead, we think it makes more sense to have all of that on an eReader of some sort.   Personally, I have all those types of docs in pdf format and loaded on my iPad that I fly with.  I also have a back up copy of each on my iPhone in the iBooks app.   I find this to be a much better solution and totally usable, especially since I can charge both from my panel mount IFD.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:28pm
Whoops - I see Vince already suggested the same thing.  Sorry for the repeat spam.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by clydeps clydeps wrote:

A few things I'd like to see in a future release:

When the frequency list pop-up appears, it stays on the screen until the X or CLR button is pressed. I'd like it to auto-dismiss after a user-definable period of inactivity.

When a datablock is configured to show nearest airport, destination etc. I'd like to be able to tap on that datablock and have the INFO page for the airport displayed.

I'd like a datablock option that will show minutes and/or miles to the TOD marker. Right now if ATC asks what my top of descent will be I either have to work it out in my head or tap on the screen as close as possible to the TOD marker and see how far from my present position it is.

Thanks Clyde.  All have been entered in the future feature candidate database.   All great ideas.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:38pm
I would like to see the smallest zoom scale be reduced further than it is today (2NM/1NM for the outer/inner circles). The G430 goes down to less than 300ft, which gives a nice view of the aircraft in the aerodrome and even runway environment in the case that one is not prepared to cough up the horrific Jepp charge for charts ($2200/yr for Europe ... not in my C172 budget). It helps when manoeuvring in the circuit which the IFD540 doesn't really present very nicely today. A shame with such a nice map.

Edited by chflyer - 27 Jan 2016 at 1:43pm
Vince
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

I would like to see the smallest zoom scale be reduced further than it is today (2NM/1NM for the outer/inner circles). The G430 goes down to less than 300ft, which gives a nice view of the aircraft in the aerodrome and even runway environment in the case that one is not prepared to cough up the horrific Jepp charge for charts ($1500/yr for Europe ... not in my C172 budget). It helps when manoeuvring in the circuit which the IFD540 doesn't really present very nicely today. A shame with such a nice map.

Yes, we have that in the database too.   It's weighted pretty highly so it stands a good chance of bubbling up into a release in the not too distant future.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
safari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 3:37pm
I use I Books too and I understand it may not work. It is just a thought when your iPad goes south but your suggestion of being able to have it on the phone too is great. 
Dave
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

I would like to see the smallest zoom scale be reduced further than it is today (2NM/1NM for the outer/inner circles). The G430 goes down to less than 300ft, which gives a nice view of the aircraft in the aerodrome and even runway environment in the case that one is not prepared to cough up the horrific Jepp charge for charts ($2200/yr for Europe ... not in my C172 budget). It helps when manoeuvring in the circuit which the IFD540 doesn't really present very nicely today. A shame with such a nice map.

Vince I am paying 1500€ p.a. for the central Europe package including 4 licenses of the Flie deck app. Still not cheap but better than the quoted 2200€.
khuffine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khuffine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 10:30pm
After the miss, have route two loaded as another route ready to activate. No one usually ever flies the miss any.now heads to a new destroy..works great.
Khuffine
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 2:57am
Originally posted by luchetto luchetto wrote:

Vince I am paying 1500€ p.a. for the central Europe package including 4 licenses of the Flie deck app. Still not cheap but better than the quoted 2200€.

The $2'200 number I mentioned (Euro2'000) was incl German VAT which of course doesn't apply in CH, so that probably explains the difference. In any case, it is several factors of 2 larger than I would consider. I have EasyVFR on a tablet and it has all the Europe geo-referenced IFR charts included by default in the yearly Euro150 fee. Sure, each country format is different but I can't justify Euro1'500 extra on my C172 budget, just to get the nice tie in to the 540 flight plan and auto-swap to airport on landing. The 540 functionality is beautiful, but the Jepp prices are simply out of my market.
Vince
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:47am
Would it be possible that if you have a dual configuration, and the two units are sync'd; the system use a single light sensor?  Right now if both unit are in the auto setting.  They will transition into night modes at different times. Not a big deal, just a nit. Maybe key off the "keyboard Convenience setting"?

Edited by tony - 28 Jan 2016 at 5:51am
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:41am
Originally posted by khuffine khuffine wrote:

After the miss, have route two loaded as another route ready to activate. No one usually ever flies the miss any.now heads to a new destroy..works great.

Remember that you can put in "route 2", as a continuation of your current flight strip, very easy tothen select the first appropriate waypoint and transition.

With the GNS units I would always have my takeoff and landing alternates as routes in memory #1 & #2, so I could easily swap them in. But given the flexibility of the IFD's flight plan handling, that really isn't necessary.

* Orest

JPRoscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPRoscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 10:15am
Perhaps a silly question, but my two IFD 440's each has a different software release.  How do I update my unit to 10.1.1?

thanks!
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 10:22am
Go to this site and look for the button at the bottom of the right-hand column.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
JPRoscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPRoscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 10:40am
Thanks, Steve.
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 9:41am
Since the IFD540 is altitude aware, why couldn't it also display a geo-referenced "airplane" in the profile view on approach plates? I know there is some precedence for approving this feature with the FAA because Eclipse jets have it.
Ron L
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 9:56am
Originally posted by ronl ronl wrote:

Since the IFD540 is altitude aware, why couldn't it also display a geo-referenced "airplane" in the profile view on approach plates? I know there is some precedence for approving this feature with the FAA because Eclipse jets have it.
We've added this to the candidate list for a future software release.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 12:27pm
From a separate thread about the ability to turn off traffic alerts...
Quote I like the idea of being able to mute alerts related to a specific target.

This would be helpful when two aircraft are flying together (in formation, or just another known-aircraft flying to the same location).  The ability to let the equipment know that I am aware of THIS target and only alert me for other traffic that gets near us.

David Bunin

Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 6:57pm
That might be complex to use.  I think it would be good to be able to easily say "I know about the nearby target(s).  Only annoy me if something changes.  The algorithm for "something changes" would need a bit more definition but I don't think it is a hard problem.  It might also be somewhat configurable.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 9:48pm
Identifying a specific target (or targets) that needs no further annunciations seems pretty straightforward to me.  I have a portable ADSB receiver system that uses this approach and it works well.
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 7:41am
It may just be that I'm lazy (or incompetent).  Does selecting a target to ignore only work for aircraft with ADS-B out or can it keep track of aircraft it receives through TIS-B?
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Paul Paul wrote:

It may just be that I'm lazy (or incompetent).  Does selecting a target to ignore only work for aircraft with ADS-B out or can it keep track of aircraft it receives through TIS-B?
My portable solution allows me to select any target to mute; whether that target's data came via direct-broadcast from the target or via broadcast from an ADSB tower is transparent to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Paul Paul wrote:

That might be complex to use.

In my mind, the user interface would be quite simple.

Step 1) I poke the airplane icon on the screen, and a data block pops up (just like for airspace).
Step 2) There is a button within that datablock that says, "Ignore" (or similar).

Same two steps to undo it.

Or whatever Avidyne can dream up.

David Bunin
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 9:49pm
Point the Bluetooth keyboard at the aircraft, hit the delete key...
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 9:00am
Do we have a list of the updates and new features to be added with 10.2.0.0? I can't find one.
Ron L

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 9:13am
Originally posted by ronl ronl wrote:

Do we have a list of the updates and new features to be added with 10.2.0.0? I can't find one.

No.  For competitive reasons, they have elected not to release that information.  Which probably means it's pretty good stuff.

David Bunin

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 9:50am
Agree with David. Past experience is that the list is published at the time a new release availability is announced. That's standard business practice in many industries. Details of a new Microsoft or Apple product release are also not devulged in advance.

Vince
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 11:11am
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

No.  For competitive reasons, they have elected not to release that information.  Which probably means it's pretty good stuff.

David Bunin

We are ALL anticipating the Boeing Banana!! (to be known as the Avidyne Plantain)

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 09 Mar 2016 at 11:12am
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 1:39pm
While bananas are really exciting (just ask any Minion), I would be happy with functional WIFI in and out. This has been promised for a very long time....
Ron L
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 3:03pm
I just want the two datablocks that were promised over a year ago on February 16, 2015:  "Active Waypoint Direct Info" and the "Direct Distance to Active Waypoint".

We have been assured that these will be included in 10.2.  

I am eagerly awaiting those blocks, so that I can put the "Active Waypoint Direct Info" block in the upper right spot of my display.  

rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 12:40pm
I know this has been mentioned before, but I'd like the criteria for automatic GPS>VLOC switch to be loosened up. I don't think that meeting all of those criteria represents real world flying, at least in the northeast.
M20Kid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M20Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 6:47pm
Since the 540 is connected to the encoder, it has a rough estimate of the altitude of the airplane.  Is there any reason why the 540 could not be made to fly a SID or Missed Approach that requires a climb to a certain altitude before making a heading change?  The system always makes the turning leg a manual sequence at a busy time in the Missed Approach.  Just a thought.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 2:00pm
In addition to the ability to silence the traffic alerts from a specific target, from another thread there is a request to be able to turn the traffic (display) off altogether to prevent clutter at large range views.

Quote 1.The traffic displays on both my top and bottom 540s which I wanted but is it possible to turn traffic off and on as desired.  I keep my bottom 540 on a 120 mile range and the screen is cluttered with traffic so I'd like to be able to turn it off but do not see that option anywhere.

I wonder if "OFF" could be an option added to the thumbnail view controls for Above/Normal/Below/Unrestricted.

In my mind, this mode would still provide all of the traffic alerts (maybe even with pop-up of the alert traffic*) while simply removing the routine traffic targets from the display.

So different than (and in addition to) my previous request.

David Bunin

*If pop-up of just the alerting traffic is too difficult, then I think pop-up of all traffic in the case of an alert is reasonable.

petersk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petersk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 11:42pm
I'd like to see the 'Nearest' button include one more dataset... nearest ATIS. 

This may have been mentioned here already... I known I've talked to several Avidyne folks about it. Just want it to be on record in the right place! 

Keith Peterson
Cardinal Flyers
Cardinal RG N177KP
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 12:18am
Great wish-add on.  I second that, although one could always find this on:
. Nearest Apt --> FMS Info --> Select that Apt, then Freq's... 

Tom Wolf

Edited by n7ifr - 18 Mar 2016 at 12:20am
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 9:06am
Originally posted by petersk petersk wrote:

I'd like to see the 'Nearest' button include one more dataset... nearest ATIS. 

This may have been mentioned here already... I known I've talked to several Avidyne folks about it. Just want it to be on record in the right place! 

I've sent it to Jake to add to the candidates for future features.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 10:26am

I would prefer having a nearest tab on the freq page.  That way we could see nearest Unicom, atis, tower, etc.  If I'm VFR and I am going to overfly an uncontrolled field, I'd like to have the Unicom freq available quickly instead of having to search for the frequency and then typing it in.  I know, I'm getting lazy now. 

If that's too hard, an alternative would be when I put my finger in the airfield on the map page and the info comes up; being able to select the freq for the field and promote it into the scratch pad

Edited by tony - 18 Mar 2016 at 10:31am
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 11:44am
Originally posted by tony tony wrote:

I would prefer having a nearest tab on the freq page.  That way we could see nearest Unicom, atis, tower, etc.  If I'm VFR and I am going to overfly an uncontrolled field, I'd like to have the Unicom freq available quickly instead of having to search for the frequency and then typing it in.  I know, I'm getting lazy now. 

If that's too hard, an alternative would be when I put my finger in the airfield on the map page and the info comes up; being able to select the freq for the field and promote it into the scratch pad

OK - What am I missing here?  On the "NRST" tab, the first item that opens is "Airports".  In the box for each airport is its tower frequency or Unicom frequency, and touching that moves it to Standby 1 for the Comm radio.  Does this not work for you for this operation?

I do like the idea of adding the selectable frequency as well in the data box that opens when you touch an airport.

David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic