Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist for the next IFD software release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TogaDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:59pm
If you declutter the MAP page for both Land and Nav you'll end up with almost exactly what the GNS units display on their Traffic page.  I've tried this on the Sim and in flight.  

Now, we need TRAFFIC on the IFDs...

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:58pm
Good naturedly, some of us have traffic on the IFD.

The TAS6XXA series.

But agree, TIS is essential.

David Gates
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:34am
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

Also, it would be nice to NOT HAVE fuel on each waypoint datablock.  I'd like to know my fuel remaining at my destination long my route, but I don't need to know it at the current waypoint or the next waypoint.  That seems to be more fuel information than I need and it takes up screen space.  That may not be a big issue with the upcoming ability to scroll datablocks, but I think it would be nice to free up those lines to have more datablocks on the screen at once.

+1

Klaus
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:03pm
Not so sure.

Most of the time, perhaps, but not always. When weather is bad and fuel is becoming an issue, having fuel handy at various wpts would help with decision-making and save grey cells for other work.

I would tend to rather think that this should stay once the scrollable data block arrives.

Another alternative might be to have a user option of fuel in wpt blocks yes/no.
Vince
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:19pm
I would agree if the distance between waypoints was meaningful, but many times they are close enough to not provide meaningful fuel info.  I'm just asking for having both options, not to remove it for everybody.
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:28am
I have no interest in fuel to waypoint information.

Fuel remaining at destination is the most desirable bit of information. When that figure drops below my desired minimum level I make adjustments. Range can often be extended by simply slowing down (indicated airspeed).

If one is doing a maximum range flight in IMC they should have appropriate reserves for an alternate. BTDT.

I agree with reducing information clutter.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:42am
Providing both options, two different types of data blocks for that NEXT waypoint would solve the issue. 

I actually LIKE to see the expected fuel in the NEXT waypoint.

* Orest

Aerostar702P-JP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerostar702P-JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:47pm
My two key requests relate to IFR operations.
1: Today's IFR arrivals are getting longer and longer. Very frequently I enter somewhere along the arrival path and then have a number of useless waypoints upstream cluttering my interface. On my Garmin 530 I could highlight the not wanted waypoints and delete them. Not so on the IFD 540! This is a real pain, especially when getting a new arrival procedure due to a runway change that shares common arrival waypoints.
If Garmin can do it I am sure Avidyne can too.

2: When entering an ILS approach the frequency stays in the standby location until near the FAF. It is especially painful when cleared for VTF from an intermediate approach waypoint that is not in line with the final approach course.
To get to straight ILS mode takes a lot of acrobatics at the wrong time when single pilot in icing and lots of traffic.
Again, not an issue with the Garmin 530.
Please fix these shortcomings!
Aerostar 702P IFR
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:03pm
Aerostar,

+1.

Those are two important suggestions. Both have already been mentioned, and I expect that both are logged in the request database. Steve? 

Also, as useful as it is to delete STAR waypoints selectively, it is also important to prevent inadvertent waypoint deletions. Currently an errant single push of DEL will remove a waypoint at the cursor. 

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 27 May 2015 at 11:04pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:00pm
I know there will be a change to TOD in 10.1 to show the marking at the actual spot rather than the fix the spot is associated with.  Has anyone seen, up to now, a situation where the TOD does not display or give the CAS message?  I cannot associate it with any event yet, but there are times, I will put in a crossing altitude at a fix on my plan, and no TOD appears and no CAS message ever appears. It happened today when I put in a crossing altitude below my cruise altitude at a fix further in my plan.  I was not yet past the point where the TOD should have been so I was confused as to why it never appeared.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:29pm
I see the TOD marking at the actual spot where descent should begin, there is a green circle there, and the TOD labeling beside it.

I have also on occasion had flights where the TOD would not display, nor would there be a VSR. The necessary conditions for it did exist, an altitude restriction set and a completely linked flight plan.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 30 May 2015 at 10:31am
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:28am
Orest,
Do you have any idea what the conditions were or why the TOD may not have displayed properly.  I've seen it a few times but can't seem to duplicate it at will.  BTW, as of now the TOD does NOT display at the actual spot where descent should begin but rather at the fix the spot is associated with. ie if descent were to begin 20 miles BEFORE XYZ, then the TOD descent shows at XYZ now.  That will change in 10.1
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:35am
Personally I have never observed the TOD indicator to be anything other than in its correct location. As I  pass that little green donut, I get the descent chime.

Now, if you have input an altitude restriction set for so many miles before a fix, currently the numeric altitude restriction is incorrectly shown as at the fix. I understand that 10.1 will instead correctly depict that restriction location as prior to that fix. Any chance that is what you are descrbing?

The TOD not appearing (at all) seems to be related to having a open termination STAR in the flight plan.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 30 May 2015 at 10:38am
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:29pm
Would it be possible to add more detail to the FSS frequencies when you hit the FREQ button?  Around here, a lot of the FSS radios are RCOs and you just dial up the freq.  That's been working pretty well using the FREQ key until it gave me one that was based off a VOR.  There was nothing indicating I needed to be listening on a VOR freq to hear back.  Guess I should have looked at the map sooner.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:27pm
we talked about it a few years ago....runway extensions
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 10:05pm

Agree -

The simple iPad apps have extended center lines.

David

David Gates
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 9:34am
Originally posted by tony tony wrote:

we talked about it a few years ago....runway extensions

+1
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 11:35pm
I see there is a decoded VLOC IDENT datablock that shows the ID, radial, and distance, but I was wondering if the distance could be shown in the footer of the VOR frequency box.  Right now the left hand shows the identifier and the right hand shows a blue box with ID in white writing the VOR is identified.  There is plenty of room in the middle to put the distance to the VOR.  Seems like it would be a convenient way to add more info to the display without having to add datablocks.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 6:25am

I see there is a decoded VLOC IDENT datablock that shows the ID, radial, and distance, but I was wondering if the distance could be shown in the footer of the VOR frequency box.  Right now the left hand shows the identifier and the right hand shows a blue box with ID in white writing the VOR is identified.  There is plenty of room in the middle to put the distance to the VOR.  Seems like it would be a convenient way to add more info to the display without having to add datablocks.

Interesting idea.  I'll add it to the database that contains future feature candidates.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 11:57pm

+1
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 8:48pm
2 things that came up today. The bottom of the last waypoint in my flight plan gets cut off. I have to keep scrolling it up to see the bottom, which you need to see in order to add a vertical constraint to create a tod. I'm not sure if it is assuming the tabs would be hidden and the flight plan is hidden behind them.

Also, it would be nice if the fuel reserve that creates the delta between the dashed and solid lines was user configurable for individual user minimums.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:33am

it is assuming the tabs would be hidden and the XXX is hidden behind them.

I have found this to be true of most of the screens/views since 10.1.0.0.  I see it on the GPS Status screen where the SV numbers are hidden behind the tabs, and on the Map view where the radar age or other items that reside across the bottom are hidden behind the tabs.

I decided that the tab hiding isn't optional (I don't have it set to "never").  I haven't decided on what delay time I want for it yet, but you get used to hiding them pretty quickly.  I'll probably end up with one of the shorter hiding intervals.

David

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:14am
I thought id like to hide the tabs, but i didnt find it useful on the 540 and found myself wanting to see them when the were hidden so i am currently set to never. I may hide them at some point, but the screens shouldnt assume hat they are hiding.
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 12:38pm
I want my FP or route to stay in the box across a power cycle.  

I land someplace and power up to depart and I have to start all over.  If the Flight plan was still in the route, I could just reverse it.  

Ken
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:12pm

For what it's worth - You can save the current flight plan to a stored route on the Routes page. Then you can activate it or reverse it as desired. It adds another step but it gets the job done.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:42pm
My wish list:

1) PCL - click issue resolution.
I just posted this issue today, so...  I can't complain (yet)...  

2)  XM weather - Nexrad - animate the weather.    You can do this on the 496 (Can't recall on the 530). 

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:43pm
Thanks for the reply.  

I'll try to get into that habit.  

However, ideally,  the box shouldn't throw away what I was doing and start over. 
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

My wish list:

1) PCL - click issue resolution.
I just posted this issue today, so...  I can't complain (yet)...  

2)  XM weather - Nexrad - animate the weather.    You can do this on the 496 (Can't recall on the 530). 

Ken

1.  We're on it.  Replied on that same thread.

2.  Looping weather radar is on the to-do list but pretty far down it.   Can't do on a 530 and Garmin just announced today that a Q3 upgrade to the 750 will support it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 4:54pm

Thanks for the reply.  

However, ideally,  the box shouldn't throw away what I was doing and start over. 

I agree that's a neat feature and a "Recent" access method for that is in our future feature candidate database.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:49pm

I want my FP or route to stay in the box across a power cycle.  

I land someplace and power up to depart and I have to start all over.  If the Flight plan was still in the route, I could just reverse it.  

Ken

+1
Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by mfb mfb wrote:

For what it's worth - You can save the current flight plan to a stored route on the Routes page.

I was playing with that.  I didn't see a "Save" button, but when I pressed "Copy" it created a route from my current route.

So in this case is the Copy button the Save button?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:56pm

the screens shouldnt assume that they are hiding.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that it is an unavoidable side-affect of the 540 and 440 sharing the same software.  On the 440 I think it is safe to assume that owners will hide the tabs.  You would really need the screen real estate on that unit.

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 9:43am
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and guess that it is an unavoidable side-affect of the 540 and 440 sharing the same software.  On the 440 I think it is safe to assume that owners will hide the tabs.  You would really need the screen real estate on that unit.

I can't believe this, these units should be smart enough to know "if tabs hidden, have scroll set to xxx, if tabs not hidden, set scroll to yyy."
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 9:52am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  

I agree that's a neat feature and a "Recent" access method for that is in our future feature candidate database.

I like the recent feature better than retaining the prior flight plan.  I like having a clear flight plan, otherwise I'd have to take steps to remove the prior flight plan on each leg that isn't a return direct to home flight.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:42am

I like the recent feature better than retaining the prior flight plan.  I like having a clear flight plan, otherwise I'd have to take steps to remove the prior flight plan on each leg that isn't a return direct to home flight.
+1

Unless you always fly back and forth between home and the same destination, then at least half the time you're not going to want to reverse your route (when you leave home, you're going somewhere different than you did last time).

Most of my trips are not out-and-back trips; they often have intermediate stops.  Even when they're out-and-back, my return flight plan is typically not simply the inverse of the outbound plan.

It would be rare for me to be able to take advantage of just reversing the last flight plan I flew, and I'd be annoyed if I had to constantly clear it out before setting up my next one.

Edited by MysticCobra - 17 Jul 2015 at 10:47am
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 11:01am

Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

I can't believe this, these units should be smart enough to know "if tabs hidden, have scroll set to xxx, if tabs not hidden, set scroll to yyy."

Using the sim today, I noticed that even when allowing the tabs to hide, the bottom of the flight plan is still hidden by the scroll / select context menu.  A follow on thought would be to hide the context menu with the tabs.

Edited by brou0040 - 18 Jul 2015 at 11:05am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:56pm
Yup and I don't like it so we're going to try and improve on the next major release. It's most annoying on the 440 due to already challenged vertical space available.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ptlevine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 12:10pm
That really depends on what you are flying and where you are flying... If you are flying turbine aircraft fuel planning is pretty critical as you aren't generally tankering fuel as you can with a piston. So, for range flights, knowing your fuel at each waypoint is critical to in flight decision making. 
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 11:55pm
Some additional thoughts for updates:

The 540 doesn't seem to remember from cycle to cycle that I like to have the map tab extended so that I can see the datablocks on the map page.  I seem to have to extend it for each flight, but then it stays extended for that flight as I switch pages.

The heading value that I manually enter on the air data calculator does not cycle/wrap past 360, if it says 360, but you are on a heading of 010, you have to cycle all the way down to 010 instead of going 10 degrees past 360 - a very minor request, but would be one of those nice to haves.  I'm not sure if there are any other similar entries that don't wrap, but I'd recommend this for them all.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 7:04am
Both good ideas.  Just entered them in the candidate database.  Thanks.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
sikhpilotmd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sikhpilotmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 7:44am
Forgive me if this already been suggested. How about updates to the database from the iPad, via wifi etc. most of the times, my update process gets messed up and I am forced to fly with a cross sync fault.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 7:50am
Yes, it's one of my favorites and one we've been working with Jepp on to make it a reality.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 8:14am

Yes, it's one of my favorites and one we've been working with Jepp on to make it a reality.

Please make this more than just iPad...an Android option so that I could download updates to my phone and then push them to the IFD would be like manna from heaven, both in terms of speed and convenience!  

And please, please, please expand this request to include "all data transfers to/from all devices via wifi".  I just downloaded logs from my IFD the other day, and even though I have only ~20 hrs of flight time on the unit, it took ~20-30 minutes to download all data.  USB 1.0 is sloooooooooooow.

A wifi log dump would certainly be way faster, and if I could dump to my phone, it would be super convenient as well.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 8:16am
We won't care about the originating source.  We just care about the format of the data coming/going and yes, it's all data and over WiFi.

It's quite an active project and I *hope* I'm not a very old man before this is fully available.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by MysticCobra MysticCobra wrote:

[QUOTE=AviJake]

Please make this more than just iPad...an Android option so that I could download updates to my phone and then push them to the IFD would be like manna from heaven, both in terms of speed and convenience! ..

Yes, don't make it a niche product. You need to support android.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 9:08pm
The system is platform agnostic. So long as the data to/from complies with the SDK protocol, we don't know or care if it's on a PC, Android, Mac, or Sinclair.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 10:34pm
I don't think the ZX series could support WiFi.  And if they did the IFD would probably time out waiting for data.

The problem with WiFi is that most tablets can only connect to one device at a time.  Can the IFD support connections to multiple tablets?  Can it be told to make an outbound connection to pass data through to other connected devices?  Or can it be used as a wireless router?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 8:24am

The system is platform agnostic. So long as the data to/from complies with the SDK protocol, we don't know or care if it's on a PC, Android, Mac, or Sinclair.
Yes, but you said you're "working with Jepp" to make this possible.  Please use whatever influence / coercion / threats / begging / Mafia connections you have to get Jepp to create an Android client.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Jeppesen, based on years of experience that they don't care one whit for actually giving their customers what they want?  I don't exactly trust them to do the right thing, here.

Edited by MysticCobra - 24 Jul 2015 at 8:25am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Paul Paul wrote:

I don't think the ZX series could support WiFi.  And if they did the IFD would probably time out waiting for data.

The problem with WiFi is that most tablets can only connect to one device at a time.  Can the IFD support connections to multiple tablets?  Can it be told to make an outbound connection to pass data through to other connected devices?  Or can it be used as a wireless router?

Yes the IFD is a wireless router and multiple tablets can connect to its network.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 9:25am
Originally posted by MysticCobra MysticCobra wrote:

Yes, but you said you're "working with Jepp" to make this possible.  Please use whatever influence / coercion / threats / begging / Mafia connections you have to get Jepp to create an Android client.

Ahh, I understand your point now.  Yes, we will implore Jepp to do that.    We just met on the topic this week at Oshkosh.  We have our next big face-to-face on the topic in mid Aug.

Edited by AviJake - 24 Jul 2015 at 9:25am
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic