Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist for the next IFD software release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 10:04pm
I like Gring's idea of fuel burn.  Gring mentioned timers, but how about we forget the timer, and use the gallon totalizer instead of a timer.  Change tanks every 7.5 gallons.  On take off and climb, this would allow for a more balanced fuel used, and give you a better idea of how much fuel is in the tanks. Heck, you could even have a left and right tank ____gallons left in the tank.
Tom G
flybikeski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flybikeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 11:03pm
Fuel burn message - what a great idea.  It really is about fuel burn and not time.  I fly a T210 that burns 35 gph on take off and 14 in cruise.  That kind of throws the timer off.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 3:52am
This is actually a correction but is likely to be classified as a feature request.

The Air Data Calculator calculation of density altitude is not quite correct since it is missing the humidity element. This can be provided as % humidity or more easily in aviation via the dew point which appears in wx reports. Humidity is often neglected in density altitude calculations but can make a huge difference. For example, the altitude correction for 80% humidity on a 90°F day is over 1'100 feet.

While obviously the TAS and winds are only going to be populated in the air, the density altitude alone is actually quite useful on the ground before departure and I'm really pleased to see that Avidyne included this in the calculators. It just needs to be completed with the humidity part.

Edited by chflyer - 24 Jun 2016 at 3:59am
Vince
bellanca1730a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 6:51pm
I have three user-defined timers that I created to be recurring reminder prompts for checking my heading indicator, for checking fuel and for checking O2 saturation. Unless I'm missing something, acknowledging the timer-expired alert only dismisses the alert; it does not reset the timer. To reset the timer, I have to go to the Utilities page and press the yellow overdue message. It would be nice to have the timer reset upon acknowledging the alert. If there is concern about inadvertently resetting a timer, then perhaps programming the alert ack to prompt a "Reset Timer?" button.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 8:04pm
The IFD has a built-in fuel timer that restarts each time as soon as you acknowledge it.  My airplane has a gravity-feed fuel system with a BOTH option, so I use the fuel timer as my reminder to check/set the DG.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 3:11pm
Thanks, David. I am aware of the built-in fuel timer, but (1) I believe 30 minutes is its shortest duration, whereas I like the reminder every 15 minutes; and (2) I believe marrying that reset capability to the broader versatility of the user-defined timers provides greater utility and makes more sense.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 2:34pm
You have to remember Pilots are not too sharp, if they were, they would never float about 7K (or 37K)ft above the earth!  That being said, with regards to data base updates, can you make the software check to see that  the new update data is younger then the existing data. 

I missed most of the data base cycle, it lacked two days, then I put in the newest, (not yet current) DB.  Then a few days later I went back and installed the earlier, now out of date, data.

I called Jeppesen, and the allowed me to down load a new addition.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed,

Tom Goodwin

Tom G
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 1:30pm
Here's one I haven't seen yet. Apologies if missed.

Engine out Glide Range at optimum airspeed.

Data block would use GPS AGL, pilot entered Glide Range at Vbg.

It could also display Vbg (stored from prior pilot entry) at max gross.

It would continuously multiply current GPS AGL by Glide Range.

In the case of FLAME OUT, trim for Vbg(displayed on data block) run restart checklist. Look at data block for current solution, then punch up nearest for options.

Would mitigate helmet fire to some extent, and would be a safety enhancer.

Edited by ddgates - 07 Jul 2016 at 1:35pm
David Gates
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 3:32pm
Or perhaps just use vertical speed and ground speed calculated from GPS position to calculate the glide range.  It could be completely dynamic.
cardinal driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardinal driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:38pm
For Engine out guidance to the best runway at the best (not necessarily closest) airport, I use Xavion.  It runs on an iPad in my center console on every flight. 

The engine out guidance works very well, nothing else I've seen comes close.  Xavion is running the X-Plane flight simulator in the background all the time to determine which airports you can reach.  If you provide Xavion with ADS-B IN information, it will select runways with consideration for winds aloft and at each airport.

To calibrate the simulations you have to do a one-time flight to altitude and fly a set of speeds that Xavion calculates based on the climb and cruise data you enter.  You fly both best glide and worse/faster glide speeds in both clean and dirty configurations, and enter the observed vertical speeds for each configuration. 

Xavion has you fly a faster glide than best glide in nearly all engine-out approaches, to give you the ability to manage your energy reserve.  The hoop guidance is intuitive, and the energy meter is both helpful and reassuring.  With an ADS-B receiver Xavion will know the wind, so it will line you up at 400 AGL for the best runway.  It knows if you are flying a retractable and adds an appropriate margin for extending the gear.

Xavion tracks and logs every takeoff and landing you do, and on an engine-out approach it sets you up to touch down half the predicted landing distance short of the runway midpoint.

If I have no airfield in range, that's good to know too, so no time is wasted searching for a runway or trying to stretch a glide.

No financial interest, just a great product at a great price, one that will be very hard for Avidyne to match.
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 8:28am
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet or not but it would be nice to see the transponder altitude being reported by the transponder to ATC when you have the APX322 remote mounted transponder.  Would be nice to be able to select either raw altitude based on 29.92 or adjusted altitude for the current altimeter reading that ATC actually sees.

Maybe it is in there but I have not found it.
Awful Charlie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 4:33pm
On the "Info" tab for a waypoint/navaid/intersection, could we have the 'Bearing and distance to' added in the 'General' section?
Handy for when you ask for a direct, and ATC come back with 'what would be your track to there?"
(as seen on a GNS480!)
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 5:16pm
The transponder only reports "pressure altitude", which is based upon a setting of 29.92, as reported by your encoder.  ATC's system corrects it on their end based on the nearest altimieter setting and displays the adjusted altitude to the controllers.  Your best indication of altitude in the airplane is your altimeter, and it should match very closely with what ATC sees.
bobcain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:07pm
I didn't take time to read through all 7 pages, and maybe what I'm wanting is already there.

I usually enter a new frequency with the knob, press the flip/flop, and call (old habit). I look over at the screen a few minutes later and there's the window with various frequency choices instead of the map. I press clear (or the "X") and move on.

A couple thoughts....
Maybe this could time out after a bit - 10 or 20 seconds??
Or once flip/flop is pressed it goes away?

Just a little annoying at the moment it happens.

Again, my apologies if this is already discussed.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:15pm
Are you sure you are not pressing the frequency button at any point? When I enter a new frequency with the knobs, I never see this. I do get that screen with the various options when I hit the frequency button.
bobcain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:18pm
Well.....  I sure don't "think" I press in on the knob.  :)
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:21pm
Big fingers? ;)
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 6:42am
I'm guessing Bob has an IFD440, which has different functionality to the 540 when 'dialling-in' a new frequency.
Rotating the Tuning Knob on the 440, produces the same result as pressing the "FREQ" key on the 540.
ie the Frequency List window appears.

I have a 540 but FWIW, I sure don't like this functionality in the 440.

Thomas

Edited by DH82FLYER - 21 Jul 2016 at 6:57am
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 7:15am
I didn't realize Bob had the 440 and that it behaves differently.  That explains it
bobcain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 2:53pm
You guys have it.  The unit is a 440 and maybe I'm not the only one wishing it was a bit different.
I just loaded the 10.1.3.0 software this morning and still the same.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by bellanca1730a bellanca1730a wrote:

I have three user-defined timers that I created to be recurring reminder prompts for checking my heading indicator, for checking fuel and for checking O2 saturation. Unless I'm missing something, acknowledging the timer-expired alert only dismisses the alert; it does not reset the timer. To reset the timer, I have to go to the Utilities page and press the yellow overdue message. It would be nice to have the timer reset upon acknowledging the alert. If there is concern about inadvertently resetting a timer, then perhaps programming the alert ack to prompt a "Reset Timer?" button.

Steve, did you catch this for the wish list? I think you were traveling when I originally posted.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 8:20am
Just looked and didn't see it in the database so I just added it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:08am
The hybrid touch is great but one of the places it is missing is when toggling between split screen and full screen Nearest Lists. In turbulence it would be great to press a LSK to toggle the Nearest list to full screen so you could select the additional airport information with the right knob. The only way to toggle the list is by touching the NRST side tab and in bumpy conditions that may not be easy. There seems to be an open LSK button which could be activated for this purpose.
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:21pm
Push and hold the FMS (or MAP) key, it will toggle between the split view and full screen view of the NRST page, and other pages.

* Orest

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:54pm
Thats great, Orest.  I never knew that... I suppose its in the Pilot Manual.

Thanks.

Tom Wolf
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:57pm
We're all discovering cool new things with these units, every day!

Just wait until 10.2!

* Orest

Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 9:08pm
Quote We're all discovering cool new things with these units, every day!

Some of us don't get to fly every day.

Quote Just wait until 10.2!

At least you didn't ask us to wait patiently.  The FAA is spoiling our fun!
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 6:17am
Works great, Orest! Even in the sim on my iPad. Thanks for the tip.
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 6:43pm
I suspect this will never happen due to memory constraints, but I could sure use more user waypoint space. The current limit is 500 and all the VFR Reporting Points (VRP) for Italy alone is more than that.

I just returned from a trip to Italy and have almost filled the entire user waypoint storage. I'll shortly need to delete some to fly elsewhere. These are very common in Europe and the Jepp db doesn't have them. There is a new Jepp navdata VFR coverage for Europe, but even if it includes the VRP's the standard (IFR) navdata and VFR navdata can't coexist in the IFD, leaving manually entering the user waypoints the only option.

My VFR app (a Europe alternative to Foreflight, etc) has all these VRPs but that doesn't help when programming the IFD flight plan route.

Best alternative would be to increase user waypoint space and get Avidyne make a deal with one of the VFR app suppliers to provide VRP bulk load capability... or get an app-IFD100 interface allowing flight pln transfer from the app to the IFD100/IFD540/IFD440 (incl VFR app VRPs in the flight pln).

Edited by chflyer - 01 Aug 2016 at 6:46pm
Vince
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

My VFR app (a Europe alternative to Foreflight, etc) has all these VRPs but that doesn't help when programming the IFD flight plan route.

What will the IFD do when you upload a flight plan to it from an app when it uses a waypoint not in the IFD database?  I'm assuming it'll do something like use the lat/long without creating a user waypoint.

The easiest solution for the question above may be to get My VFR to interface with the IFD, then you can simply upload your flight plan from that software.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 3:01am
Agree. That's what I meant with my last comment.

Vince
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 7:40am
I've been in contact with the supplier of the app I use, and they have received the api info from Avidyne to allow integration. But it is in the form of libraries, not native data descriptions, and as such is not easily integrated into a multiplatform product (my app runs on Android, Windows, iOS, and MacOS). Given the low Avidyne installed base in Europe (still), they don't (yet) perceive the benefit to be worth the effort. After all, even in the US Avidyne places Android support lower on the priority list than iOS. So I'm not holding my breath waiting for an interface for their app with the IFD100 or IFD540 via wifi.

Hence my suggestion to increase user wpt space and provide a bulk load format (e.g. data description of the .002 backup wpt file format used to transfer user wpt's between the sim and IFD). This would perhaps allow my app to export VRPs in a user wpt format that could be bulk loaded into the IFD. Something that might be less effort for my app supplier and hence achievable in a shorter term.

P.S. I spent nearly a day entering almost 500 Italian VRP's into the IFD SIM so I could transfer them over to the aircraft via USB for my recent trip.

Edited by chflyer - 02 Aug 2016 at 7:42am
Vince
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 12:40pm
My current wish list: 

1)  By a mile:  Animate Nexrad weather.  My 496 can do this.  It is SO useful.  
2)   Competitor for Jeppson.  $1000/yr is ridiculous to update nav data and charts.  

Ken
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 1:12pm
+1 million for both of these.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:31am

I've been in contact with the supplier of the app I use, and they have received the api info from Avidyne to allow integration. But it is in the form of libraries, not native data descriptions, and as such is not easily integrated into a multiplatform product (my app runs on Android, Windows, iOS, and MacOS). Given the low Avidyne installed base in Europe (still), they don't (yet) perceive the benefit to be worth the effort. After all, even in the US Avidyne places Android support lower on the priority list than iOS. So I'm not holding my breath waiting for an interface for their app with the IFD100 or IFD540 via wifi.

Hence my suggestion to increase user wpt space and provide a bulk load format (e.g. data description of the .002 backup wpt file format used to transfer user wpt's between the sim and IFD). This would perhaps allow my app to export VRPs in a user wpt format that could be bulk loaded into the IFD. Something that might be less effort for my app supplier and hence achievable in a shorter term.

P.S. I spent nearly a day entering almost 500 Italian VRP's into the IFD SIM so I could transfer them over to the aircraft via USB for my recent trip.

It is very unlikely we will be able to increase the waypoint count above 500. This is due to an OS limit, believe it or not.

What we expect/hope to happen instead is to have an app fielded that allows users to easily upload user waypoints via WiFi.  The app is envisioned to read a spreadsheet or .gpx file that contains the waypoints and upload those to the user waypoints file.   We also expect to be able to support VRPs from Jepp in the not-too-distant future which may alleviate needing to enter all of them.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 4:27pm
 ( : > )
Jim Patton
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

It is very unlikely we will be able to increase the waypoint count above 500. This is due to an OS limit, believe it or not.

What we expect/hope to happen instead is to have an app fielded that allows users to easily upload user waypoints via WiFi.  The app is envisioned to read a spreadsheet or .gpx file that contains the waypoints and upload those to the user waypoints file.   We also expect to be able to support VRPs from Jepp in the not-too-distant future which may alleviate needing to enter all of them.

VRPs would be a real plus!
David Gates
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 10:12pm
Not sure if this has been requested already. 

On the MAP page, Right lower corner concentric knob, have the large one control the Zoom, and the small one scroll the Right side Data blocks up and down. 

With current version, both knobs control zoom, it is kind of difficult to scroll the datablocks up and down with the touch screen motion.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Ibraham Ibraham wrote:

On the MAP page, Right lower corner concentric knob, have the large one control the Zoom, and the small one scroll the Right side Data blocks up and down. 

That is actually a great suggestion.

* Orest

94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

* Orest

+1
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:19pm
+1
Awful Charlie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 3:17am
Could we have a "VOR Check Log" function added please? Select the function, pre-populated date and VOR, maybe even the difference in bearing received with the GPS (yes, I know using GPS isn't in the FAR, but we can verify by looking out of the window ;-) Even better if it automatically prompts every N < 30 days (or off altogether if your regulatory authority doesn't require it). Save the last X results, and make the results viewable on the unit in the event of a ramp check.

Ben

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 6:49am
The only problem I see with the VOR check log is that 91.171(d) requires that the person making the VOR check shall "sign the aircraft log or other record".

To be completely legal, the IFD would need to offer you a touch screen that you can sign, like the credit card readers at the Home Depot.

David

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 6:56am

Another "+1" for this knob scrolling scheme.  One thing I have noticed is that I often end up with half a data block visible either at the top or bottom of the screen.  I suggest that when scrolling up with the knob, each "click" lines up a data slot at the top of the screen, but when scrolling down with the knob, each "click" lines up a data slot at the bottom of the screen.

In other words:
If I'm scrolling down show me the next whole data block with one click.
If I'm scrolling up show me the next whole data block with one click.

David Bunin

CardinalRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CardinalRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:15pm

+100 on Ibraham's suggestion!!

Edited by CardinalRG - 10 Sep 2016 at 3:19pm
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:58pm

* Orest

Concur!  Excellent suggestion.

David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:19pm
I would like to see the traffic displayed in a different color than the light blue that all other obstacles are displayed in.   I realize they turn yellow when they become an imminent threat but it is very difficult to pick them up with all the other obstacles that are the same color prior to that

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 7:38pm
Are you using the traffic thumbnail data block?

I sometimes filter down the NAV data one step, which makes the "world" black and tends to make everything else easier to see on the screen.

I think the traffic icon color has to be either cyan or white to comply with the standards.  I'm not sure how much of that is at Avidyne's discretion.

David
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:11pm
You are probably right as Foreflight uses the same color. If white is permitted, that would stand out better I believe.
whiskykilo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskykilo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 4:54am
I inverted my Flightplan to fly back the same course.

Everything works fine, but the ETO was confusing, perhaps +2 hours.

Is this a known problem?

EASA registered Beech Bonanza F33A located in EDKB Hangelar/Germany, Aspen 1000 EFD, 2 x IFD540
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic