Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > DFC90/DFC100 Digital Autopilot
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I have the Stec 55x back after DFC90 installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I have the Stec 55x back after DFC90 installed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icordoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I have the Stec 55x back after DFC90 installed
    Posted: 02 Jul 2024 at 3:55pm
Hi,
I am having a false Autopilot Inop - AHRS Failure error in my PFD even though the AHRS is working OK. I had returned the PFD back to Avidyne for repair but after it came back to Europe with its Form 8130 of course, the problem persists (Avidyne reports they could not reproduce the problem). The autopilot is OK as my shop have test-installed another PFD from another Cirrus and everithing works ok... The DFC90 is installed in a Cirrus SR22 G2 with the flap cable wired.  having said this... my question:

I am pretty frustrated wit this... Can I have my shop put back the Stec in my plane and reconfigure the PFD to use it and put the DFC90 aside in case I need to fly until I decide if I send the PFD back, again, to Avidyne USA (I'm in Europe)?

I ask this because having the flap cable wired, a voltage is injected into one of the pins of the autopilot. This is OK for the DFC90 but I am not sure if the STec 55x can be damaged by that voltage if I install it back. I don't want to damage my STec as I kept it as a backup auto pilot in case something like this happened.

thanks,
Ignacio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic