Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VLOC mode not working / Datablock issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 362PC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VLOC mode not working / Datablock issues
    Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 6:19pm
During my last flight the VLOC mode was not allowing me to press the tune knob and swap to NAV mode and tune the radio.  Tried it a couple different times and was ignoring all input.  When activating NAV on the audio panel it sounded like something was tapping and no Morse ID could be heard.  The identifier in the NAV channel had initially identified the VOR but then showed "EE"

Today I went by to see if a reboot had made things reset but that didn't appear to be the case.

I started to see if there was something amiss with the data blocks I selected one of the NAV data blocks and swapped it to COM standby and now I cannot get it back to NAV mode. NAV mode is grayed out.  I did try to reset the left side to factory, didn't work, tried to set left side to defaults, didn't work.

This was a brand new IFD install as of June, running the latest OS and the VLOC and NAV radios had been working correctly until just recently.  

Not sure how to troubleshoot this.

362PC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 362PC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:46pm
A quick follow up to say it is fixed and working correctly now.  The Nav Radio option was somehow off and or reset under maintenance tools.  Once that was enabled the VLOC radio data block became available again.

Avidyne support helped me get things back and working.  Test flight confirmed all back to normal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic