Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intercom Volume - tunable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guenter_ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intercom Volume - tunable?
    Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 8:03am
Hi,

I have 540/440 combo and PMA650B audio panel.

Problem: Tuning intercom volume with knob on audio panel to position 1 of 10, its too weak, tuning to 2 of 10 its too loud. Tuning to 3+ I need a doctor.... 

This cannot be adjusted in the PMA650B setup. IM states: Adjust the radios (at the radio itself) and intercom volume for a comfortable listening level. Most general aviation headsets today have built-in volume controls; therefore, volume also can be further adjusted at the individual headset.

So I found no way to adjust the level (reduce intercom volume) in 540/440 setup. My headsets don't have volume controls. 

Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

Best Guenter
Toadpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toadpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 8:07pm
I know most audio control panels have volume control settings that are either mechanically set during the install, or they can be adjusted from the menu. I am not sure about the PMA650, but the PMA450 has a menu where you can adjust the audio levels for each input. I had the same issue on our EC145 helicopter audio control panel that required maintenance to go into the setup menu in order to adjust the ICS volume. I would contact PS Engineering customer support, if you haven't already, to tell them your situation and see if they have any suggestions. Also, intercom should be an adjustment of the audio control panel and not the radio/IFDs.

Edited by Toadpilot - 16 Oct 2023 at 8:11pm
Jeff Hullinger
1964 Piper PA-30 N97VP
IFD550/IFD440/EX500/AMX240/
RDR2100/GMX345/GDL69A/
SKY497/STEC60-2/G5 AI/G5 HSI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic