Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 540 connection with iPad Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aviator52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 540 connection with iPad Pro
    Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:09am
Good day Fellow aviators,

I have an IFD540 (10.3.1.2) installed in my C182S and use it with an iPad Pro with FltPlanGo. I also have a Lynx NGT9000 ADS-B installed. I have had intermittent connection problems between the IFD and iPad where I will lose the connection between the two. I don't have this problem when connecting the iPad with the NGT9000.

My question is this, by connecting the iPad with the NGT9000, am I only losing the ability to transfer flight plans between the IFD and iPad or is there anything other functionality that I would lose? I do not use the IFD100.

I have spoken with tech support and know the problem is with FltPlanGo but since that is now owned by Garmin, I don't know if there is any continuing support for this issue. 

Thank you

daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 8:14pm
I have a NGT-9000 as well. If you connect direct to the NGT, your EFB will get ADS-B data and GPS position. You cannot transfer flight plans since the NGT is not a Nav so has no need for flight plan info. 
------------
dave
Aviator52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aviator52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 3:24pm
Thanks Dave,

I appreciate the response.

Garry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic