Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hideous GPWS patterns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hideous GPWS patterns
    Posted: 06 May 2023 at 9:38pm
I read about it earlier, but only now updated to 10.3.

The new intense yellow hatched pattern with the update, is really obnoxious and distracting. Another vote to fix this, sure would be nice to change it back to the earlier, if you are not using the higher rez option that this was designed for.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 06 May 2023 at 9:39pm
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 6:01am
Completely agree!  The more I fly with 10.3 the more I really like most of the new features.  This one change however is extremely frustrating because there is no longer a way to tell where the runway exclusion zone is and it renders the map unreadable as soon as the yellow terrain hash marks begin to show.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 10:50pm
Although not really a good idea, is there an element of the GPWS settings that you can turn OFF (temporarily), to extinguish that display smearing?

* Orest
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:25pm
I guess turning Terrain Awareness (TA) should remove that, but not the solid yellow & red FLTA warnings.

But, that will likely remove the Terrain Aurals as well. Not good.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 08 May 2023 at 2:26pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 10:25pm
<bump>

Anyone from Avidyne advise?

* Orest
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 10:32pm
I guess this would do it, but not extinguish the audio alerts or the full "solid" red/yellow FLTA. But still, hope this visual gets fixed, just changing it back to what it was, would be ideal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TA can be turned off via the “User Options” LSK of the SETUP
tab on the AUX page. When turned off, there is no terrain TA
display on the map pages for the individual IFD

Edited by oskrypuch - 06 Aug 2023 at 10:33pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 9:03am
Best I can do is to keep advocating for the old pattern.  I agree that was easier on the eyes.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 3:50pm
Please!

For some "extra" convincing, suggest you overlay that TA pattern on the engineers' work computer monitors! ;-)

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 07 Aug 2023 at 3:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic