Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stormscope and IFD 4x0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stormscope and IFD 4x0
    Posted: 03 May 2023 at 7:33am
I know you can connect (certain models) of the Stormscope line to an MFD and/or panel-mount GPS. In particular, the 540/550 support this.

I have a 440 and no MFD. I'm wondering if I can connect a Stormscope (let's say a WX-500) to an IFD-440 and then get its output in the IFD100 and/or Foreflight via wifi streaming. Later this year I'll be installing an Aspen system, and I know I can get it then, but it'd be nice to have before convection season in the SE USA really gets cranking.

Edited by paulr - 03 May 2023 at 7:39am
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 7:56pm
Works on my 440 but does not propagate to ForeFlight. Dunno about the IFD 100. It is really nice on an Aspen Max 😉
------------
dave
_phm_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _phm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 10:25am
Here is what I will try next week:

I have an ADL190 (http://golze.tech/products_adl190.jsp) which is capable of broadcasting weather, lightning and ADSB traffic to ForeFlight using capstone.

I will try to setup my IFD440 as his wifi client, enable capstone on it and see if something shows up
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 2:42pm
I suggest you leave the IFD as wifi base and change the ADL190 to client. That way your FF - IFD connection is not dependent on the presence of the ADL. I have ADL200, FF, and IFD set up this way and it works well. To get ADL wx/tfc on the IFD, you need either a wired cnx via RS232 or the IFD needs to be at 10.3 to accept ADL wx/tfc over wifi.
Vince
_phm_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _phm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 4:44pm
Nice! will do as suggested and report back.
_phm_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _phm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 5:24pm
No joy, tried the ADL with the newest available version as a client and as a hotspot.

The IFD and the ADL don’t seem to communicate 

As an ADL client, the IFD connected but couldn’t see any new data on it

As an IFD client, I had problems connecting to the ADL via the app, and had to physically disconnect it from the power source to bring it back alive

As per the post stating that it works with the ADL200, I must be doing something wrong.

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 10:54pm
What IFD release are you running?

Make sure the connection policy for the ADL in the IFD wifi setup is set to „always“. The default is „blocked“. See pp5-31+ in the IFD5XX PG.

Edited by chflyer - 20 Jun 2023 at 12:25am
Vince
_phm_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _phm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 5:27pm
I'm currently on 10.3.1.2

Will try once again this week and let everyone know if it works.

Best,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic