Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deleting User Profiles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmbm50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleting User Profiles?
    Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 12:17pm
I have an IFD550 that holds like 10 profiles.

Only one of them has a name (mine) and the others are blank.

However, its a real pain that if I accidently click my name on the left hand side while doing anything in the settings,  it moves to the next profile.  And then I have to cycle through 9 profiles to get back to mine.  It provides no feedback as to how many more before I'm back to number 1, so if I get annoyed and angry click, I can pass it.  Then my tablet disconnects etc. 

Is there no way to disable unused profiles, and is there no way to select a profile directly....ie you have to cycle through them?  Seems like a simple, but poor, UI choice here.Or a simple "lock/unlock" for the profile would work too.

The user guide didn't provide any hints.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 2:07pm
A screenshot of what you're seeing would be helpful.  But here's a thought..

You must have all ten profiles defined because if you really had only one profile defined, the button on the left side wouldn't even appear.  Is it possible that your other nine profiles are named using only spaces?  I suggest that, for each of the unused profiles, you do the following:
  • Move the right knob to highlight the name field
  • Press the knob - the field should have a black background
  • Press CLR
  • If the field still has a black background, press ENTR.  If this happens, then that user profile was defined.
Once you've done that for every user profile that you don't want, the button on the left side should not be visible.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic