Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > SkyTrax Series ADS-B Receivers & Transceivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skytrax 200 with Aspen?.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P35Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skytrax 200 with Aspen?.
    Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 1:22am
I have an Aspen 2000, IFD 440, and King KT74 transponder for ADSB out.  I use a stratus 2s for ADSB in to my iPad but would like to get traffic and weather on my Aspen MFD.  it seems like the options are the Skytrax 200 or a GTX 345.  I have not been able to find as much information on the Skytrax as i would like. I have the following questions on the Skytrax.

1. Does the Skytrax allow tail numbers to be displayed on Aspen/IFD?
2. Does Skytrax use colors to show traffic threats (yellow, red)?  Give any voice alerts?
3. Anyone have any pics of your Aspen displaying Skytrax traffic?
4. Any chance of a new Avidyne transponder like the GTX 345 coming out?

Thanks,
Y. Limor
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:32am
I’m interested in these questions too. 
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:00am
NGT9000.  It's absolutely fabulous.  In my location near the top of the panel,
I prefer to  look at the traffic on that screen over that on my 540.  I also really 
appreciate the ease of seeing destination weather in text form.
Bob
P35Pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P35Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 10:22am
Thanks for the reply but the idea is to have the wx and traffic on the Aspen so you don’t have to look to the Lynx for it. Again thanks for the reply.

Y. Limor
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 11:14am
1. Does the Skytrax allow tail numbers to be displayed on Aspen/IFD?
Yes, SkyTrax 200 traffic does contain tail numbers.  Tail numbers are displayed on the IFD.  I don't think Aspen shows tail numbers, but maybe there's an option.  That's a question for Aspen.

2. Does Skytrax use colors to show traffic threats (yellow, red)?  Give any voice alerts?
Skytrax 200 doesn't determine the color, that's the display.  The IFD will display TA traffic using yellow, non-TA traffic using cyan, and ground traffic using brown.  SkyTrax 200 does not generate aural alerts.

3. Anyone have any pics of your Aspen displaying Skytrax traffic?
I took some pictures this morning on our airplane showing IFD and corresponding Aspen presentation.  See below.

4. Any chance of a new Avidyne transponder like the GTX345 coming out?
Never say never, but don't hold your breath.

Edited by AviSteve - 15 Sep 2023 at 11:16am
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
P35Pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P35Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 7:11pm
Thank you for the reply.

Yoram
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic