Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi not connecting after update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote instructor911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WiFi not connecting after update
    Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 7:18pm
Just did the 10.3.1.2 (I think that’s the number) most recent update and all was working well…. Except now I am having trouble reconnecting to WI-FI. It is intermittent. It used to automatically connect to my ipad as soon as the IFD440 was past the ENTer screen. Now it doesn’t.  I can get it to connect if I turn off WI-FI on the IFD440 and turn off Wi-Fi on the ipad and then turn them both back on again. Most of the time this works, but it seems that this shouldn’t be the case. Anybody else having this problem? I double checked that the ipad isn’t blocked.
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 9:20pm
I have intermittent WiFi issues, but haven’t spent a lot of time figuring out why.  I get the button on ForeFlight, but it won’t transfer.
skitheo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 10:03pm
When I tried to connect my iPadPro with IFD100 on it I had GPS position info for a couple of minutes and then it was gone. The rest of the app seemed to interact with the hardware, including ADS-B traffic and all. So I tried connecting my phone running DroidEFB to the IFD540 10.3.1.2 and it too was not getting GPS position data from the hardware. 

Any idea what was happening? Has anyone else seen this kind of dropping position data from the Wifi stream?
Jsmith813 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmith813 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 10:00am
My issue is, I can connect and got my position on ForeFlight, I can also receive a flight plan but I cannot send a flight plan to the panel. We tried 3 different IPads. All act the same. Anyone have a thought on this. We had no issues at all until the update. 
Sanjiv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanjiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 5:07pm
I had it one failure in flight and I wasn't able to connect back until IFD power cycled. Disabling and enabling the WiFi by short press of power button didn't help. I cant find a solution to it beside the reboot. 
PA28-236 @N14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic