Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD WiFi not connecting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD WiFi not connecting
    Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 8:59am
Updated to the latest software and now I can not connect to my Stratus 3 or my iPad for flight plans.
I have watched the webinar multiple times and checked everything! On my Horizon app I am in open ADS-B mode and have WPA2 security off so I should not need a password. My system settings show ENETI/IO, BT, PORTS. My Capstone is enabled. I have no wired ADS-B. I have wired traffic from a Skywatch (Cirrus) by I have turned this off in the ARINC 429 Config page and still no connect. Under networks on the IFD it shows Stratus so the Stratus is putting out a WiFi signal and I get ADS-B on Foreflight on my iPad, another indication that the WiFi out of the Stratus 3 is working. I also can not get flight plan transfer. It seems that the IFDs (550, 440) both are not seeing the WiFi signal. Thoughts?

Edited by edubes - 06 Mar 2023 at 9:17am
edubes
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 3:27pm
So you can or cannot get connected to the Stratus network?  I wouldn't expect flight plan transfers to work if you're not connected.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
edubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 3:32pm
Correct, won’t connect to Stratus network 
edubes
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 9:12am
Try some typical troubleshooting techniques such as
- Connecting a PC to your Stratus 3
- Turning WPA2 ON and using a password when connecting your IFD
- Connecting your IFD to a different WiFi network

The results of those tests might pinpoint the source of the issue

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
edubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 9:24am
Steve,

So I am able to connect the IFD Wifi directly to the iPad and get flight plan transfers so I know the WiFi in the IFD is working.

When I enable WPA2 I am required to choose an 8 digit password. I select 12345678.
When I go the IFD and input that password for the Stratus network then hit enter the password field shows 4 asterisks. Is that normal or should it show 8 asterisks, one for each character in the password?

I reset the Stratus to factory defaults by holding the button for 30 seconds, no joy.

I removed the stratus from the network by turning the stratus off then restarting the IFD then turning off the IFD, status on, IFD on and it detects the stratus network. It just refuses to connect. It is picking up the stratus Wifi but refuses to connect to it. 
edubes
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 9:42am
Don't some Stratus devices have to be switched to an "Open" network to be used with devices/apps other than Foreflight?  Could you be in that situation?

Edited by MysticCobra - 12 Mar 2023 at 9:43am
edubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 9:46am
Yes, mine is set to open ADS-B
edubes
edubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 2:58pm
I redownloaded the update and reinstalled it and was able to connect! 
edubes
paul_deb@yahoo.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_deb@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:31am
"I redownloaded the update and reinstalled it and was able to connect! "

Which update, IFD or Stratus?
edubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:41am
The IFD. I did reset the stratus to factory settings twice and made sure the firmware was current. I reformatted my usb drive and redownloaded the four files from the Avidyne site then plugged it into my IFD to reload 10.3.1.2.
edubes
Ghostwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:36pm
I had this issue too... Check to see in the settings under Connectivity, then I believe Networks, and there should be devices. See if yours is there. The default is to block the so that if multiple devices try to log in it will have to be allowed...

Hope it helps...
paul_deb@yahoo.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_deb@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 11:02pm
Thanks for the responses.

Yes, my stratux is in the list, and it is connected.  I selected "always' for connecting.

I'll do some further testing tomorrow and report back.

If no success, I may try reinstalling 10.3.1.2. 

Paul
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 5:26pm
Mine still showed my Stratus after updating but it wouldn't connect. I went into config and enabled capstone and it's connecting now
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic