Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R10.3.1.2 Certified

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R10.3.1.2 Certified
    Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:40am
Just saw a notice that R10.3.1.2 software update is certified, including list of known issues fixed.

A "what's new" webinar is planned for today.

I assume that Steve will update the "IFD Releases" topic shortly including a link to the release notes.

Vince
ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:38am
link to notice?
firebreather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firebreather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 1:41pm
Will the GPS startup without inputting a flightplan with the new update
Steve
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:18pm
via email, no link. Says update will be available Monday.

Edited by chflyer - 16 Feb 2023 at 2:20pm
Vince
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

I assume that Steve will update the "IFD Releases" topic shortly including a link to the release notes.

Right you are!  Here's the link...

Edited by AviSteve - 16 Feb 2023 at 2:43pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by firebreather firebreather wrote:

Will the GPS startup without inputting a flightplan with the new update
The GPS already starts up without a flight plan.  You may be referring to the yellow GPS in the upper right corner of the display.  That indication is the "nav source".  It can be yellow for a couple of reasons.

First, it could be yellow because there is no GPS position.  In that case, the nav source is invalid because the GPS is not providing a position and, therefore, GPS guidance cannot be generated.

Second, it could be yellow because there is no flight plan.  In that case, the nav source is invalid because, without a flight plan, there is nothing to which guidance can be provided.

The same behavior occurs when VLOC is selected as the nav source.  The VLOC label will turn yellow when the IFD is not receiving a signal from the tuned VOR because the IFD cannot determine deviations to the selected radial.

Edited by AviSteve - 16 Feb 2023 at 2:55pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
firebreather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firebreather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:54pm
Sometimes I not going anywhere in particular, so I don't need to input a flight plan.
Steve
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:59pm

Sometimes I not going anywhere in particular, so I don't need to input a flight plan.
...and that's OK.  Just think of the yellow "GPS" as you would think of a CDI that's showing a NAV flag.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:00pm

So not a problem. Just go fly.
Vince
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 5:49pm
Firebreather, 
In response to your just going out to fly comment.

The simplest answer to changing the "GPS" (yellow) to "GPS" (green) is to enter your waypoint/destination as your takeoff airport, then "activate flight plan" LSK.

My IFD-540 always starts up with my current origination airport loaded, once it determines its GPS location.

My airport is KRGA.
My flight plan is:
KRGA
KRGA
Voila!!  I have a green "GPS" indication.

Extra plus, I can always select the waypoint and press the Direct key and Enter to paint a magenta line to back home.

Edited by afassas - 16 Feb 2023 at 5:50pm
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic