Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

G3X + IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G3X + IFD540
    Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 10:54pm
I'm flying an experimental LongEZ - and just installed a G3X system... Looking for help on the settings to get the two talking and playing nice. I know I may not get VNAV, but should get most everything else...

IFD540 and AXP322
GDU470 display, GDU25 AHARS, GAD29 ARINC  combiner, GMU-11 magnetometer, GMS245R Audio panel, GFC507 autopilot head, and a couple of GSA28 servos... AV30E (Great standby instrument - primary traffic display) and DIY Engine monitor.

I have 2 232 connections between the IFD and the GDU470 - one set to MAPMX, the other - not used.
ARINC 1 in is EFIS/Airdata1 from the GDU(GAD29) to the IFD (EFIS/AirData) and
ARINC 1 out is  GAMA429 to the GDU(GAD29) Garmin GPS
ARINC(NAV) is VHF429 to the GDU(GAD29) Garmin VOR/ILS

Currently, I'm getting a red X'd NAV on the GDU470 top bar. I also can't get VOR or ILS data on the GDU470. It will provide GPS approach guidance including LPV.
I'm also getting all of the air data to the IFD to the AXP for ADS-B...

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the red X over the NA on the top bar and get VHF approaches working?

Thanks!
Loving the single box IFD approach, I waited a long time hoping that Avidyne would come out with a competitor to the G3X, etc... but when my wife asked me why I was considering little G5's when I could put a big screen in, it didn't take me more than 7 seconds to hit (BUY) on Aircraft Spruce.

AndyAndys Panel
Flysrv10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flysrv10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:40am
Send me your email and I will send pics of my if IFD540 setting that works with G3x.
AndyMeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 4:35pm
Flysrv10,

THANKS!!! It's working! I really appreciate you sending the pics - one setting and I think everything is happy. Planning to go fly it tomorrow. Just to confirm, there's no VHF (VOR or Comm freq ) control in the G3X for the IFD. Love the Avidyne community.

Happy Flyin'!

Thanks!
Flysrv10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flysrv10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 4:45pm
No freq transfer is possible from G3x to IFD.

Glad things are working.

Originally posted by AndyMeyer AndyMeyer wrote:

Flysrv10,

THANKS!!! It's working! I really appreciate you sending the pics - one setting and I think everything is happy. Planning to go fly it tomorrow. Just to confirm, there's no VHF (VOR or Comm freq ) control in the G3X for the IFD. Love the Avidyne community.

Happy Flyin'!

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic