Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WIFI connect option not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8ZV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WIFI connect option not working
    Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 7:01pm
I upgraded to 10.3 on the 440 and now I cannot get an option to connect via WIFI with the IFD 100 (also upgraded).  I believe I have the settings correct on the IFD 440 and the Ipad.  Is there a common mistake I am making?  Thanks!  Paul C  N8ZV
PCC
ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:01am
did you unblock the IPAD on the IFD440 network settings page? .. when you first connect a device on 10.3 it is connected in a blocked state, and cannot communicate with the IFD440 until you unblock it.
N8ZV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8ZV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 4:23pm
Thanks for the response.  I will see if I can get to the networks setting page.  Just where is this?  I do have the WIFI on.
Paul C
PCC
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:18pm
On the Setup Page, under Connectivity, then Devices.  You should see your device.  Set it to Always.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
N8ZV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8ZV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 8:37pm
Thanks!  When I get out to the hangar I will try this.  Speaking to these devices is like learning a new language!!
Paul Collins
PCC
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 9:25am
While there are always lots of people ready to help on the forum (including Avidyne), the first place to go with questions should always be the manual. That will often get a quicker answer than here and at the same time develops better in-depth familiarity with the IFD, being the sophisticated FMS that it is. This is especially true when a release has changed the operation and/or configuration of the IFD, such as with 10.3.

The instructions for setting up wifi on the IFD under 10.3 are very well described in the communications category of the setup key in the manual.
Vince
N8ZV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8ZV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 9:45am
Yes, the instructions work - step by step.  One thing I saw that was deleted was the "Allow/ignore" message.  I initially thought this indicated an error, however I found the note that it had been deleted - after an closer inspection of the changes.  Next time I will do a step by step read/apply session with updated software!  Well, thanks again for the help and along we go.
Paul Collins
PCC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic