Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jeppesen DB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phidoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeppesen DB
    Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 3:17pm
Is anyone else having issues logging in to Jepp DM to get their update? 
* The Username?PW I have been using for years suddenly shows "Incorrect Username and/or Password.
* Trying to call Jepp support using 800-732-2800 and 303-328-4587 ring to oblivion.

:(
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 5:25pm
You may want to check back in a while.  I just received a message from Jeppesen saying that they "are experiencing technical issues with some of our products, services and communication channels." and that they are working to restore functionality as soon as possible.  It also said that phone support is not available at this time, but if you need support please use support.jeppesen.com.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 8:52pm
Yeah, they are actually having 2 issues (as I saw you note in another thread). One is that they, I assume due to a lack of basic competence, didn't test JDM against any of the betas of macOS Ventura before it shipped. The other is some kind of back-end outage that's rendering them unable to deliver charts, NOTAMs, and other data to subscribers.
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 11:06pm
surprisingly enough I was able to download cycle 2211 this afternoon however my friend was not, his account came back as invalid.

Edited by PA23 - 02 Nov 2022 at 11:06pm
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 9:52am
Yes, BIG warning specifically for us MAC users...DO NOT INSTALL VENTURA!

It will render your JDM inop...
Sauce
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:48am
Rumors are Jeppesen is being hit with a Ransom Ware attack. 
https://liveandletsfly.com/boeing-jeppesen-ransomware-attack/

I was lucky enough to be able to download the 2211 datacycle yesterday but I'm not sure if I should be concerned with loading the new database onto the IFD.  I'm pretty sure the IFD does not use an embedded Microsoft OS but rather some Unix type kernel, I do believe some of Avidyne's older products do use an imbedded Microsoft OS.

@AviSteve I'm assuming (hoping?) the IFD checksums the database files before the IFD overwrites the existing database files so as long as they pass the IFD's muster I should be good to go.
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 1:28pm
Jeppesen log in was normal for me. They did issue a message on Sep 26th-Warning: Do NOT update to macOS 13 (Ventura) until further notice
26 SEP 2022 19:16 UTC
Testing performed in advance has identified that changes implemented by Apple in the new macOS 13 (Ventura) will cause the current version of JDM to malfunction. JDM will not be able to detect removable storage devices properly, such as SD cards and USB drives, as described in the support article referenced above.

To ensure that you can continue to download and transfer JDM data updates, please do NOT update to macOS 13 (Ventura) until a new version of JDM is available. We will alert you when a new version of JDM is available to install and it is okay to update to macOS 13 (Ventura).
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by PA23 PA23 wrote:

Rumors are Jeppesen is being hit with a Ransom Ware attack. 
https://liveandletsfly.com/boeing-jeppesen-ransomware-attack/

I was lucky enough to be able to download the 2211 datacycle yesterday but I'm not sure if I should be concerned with loading the new database onto the IFD.  I'm pretty sure the IFD does not use an embedded Microsoft OS but rather some Unix type kernel, I do believe some of Avidyne's older products do use an imbedded Microsoft OS.

@AviSteve I'm assuming (hoping?) the IFD checksums the database files before the IFD overwrites the existing database files so as long as they pass the IFD's muster I should be good to go.
Good on all fronts.  Executables and data files are protected by CRCs at multiple points.  DSFs are also protected using CRCs.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 5:27am
I upgraded to Ventura and JDM seems to operate normally on my 2021 iMac. I have another Mac that I did not upgrade, just in case I run into problems later. 
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:12am
I'm now having a new fun problem on my two macOS Ventura machines-- the app hangs and then eventually produces an error saying that the JDM server couldn't run. This is not the same as the USB-device-detection issue that Jepp originally reported; it's new since their incident.
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 6:41pm
FWIW,

I was able to download the database for my 540 yesterday with no problems (the day before it wouldn't take my username & password).  Maybe they paid the ransom...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic