Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any plans to update the Trainer App?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinspop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any plans to update the Trainer App?
    Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:52pm
I know the elephant in the room is getting 10.3 released, but after that, is there any plan to update the Trainer App? I’m working on my IR and the Trainer on my iPad combined with ForeFlight on my phone makes for a very useful procedure trainer.  It also makes a fun way to “chair fly”.  But the Autopilot controls (the sliders for airspeed, altitude and heading) are torturously difficult to manipulate.  If you could only make those easier and smoother to use, that’d be an improvement. 
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:57am
The trainer app is already 10.3, so it can be used now to practice and get used to using the IFD with 10.3.
Vince
Merlinspop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinspop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

The trainer app is already 10.3, so it can be used now to practice and get used to using the IFD with 10.3.
Yes, I know, and I use it frequently. What I’m saying is, at least on my iPad mini 5, the sliders for changing parameters are very twitchy.  Particularly the heading, and particularly with the 550.  The little button of the slider is hard to “grab” (half the time it thinks I want to turn the right knob), and the slightest move results in a 20° heading change when I just want to move 1-2° (Think inside the FAF).  That interface could use just a little tweaking to make it smoother is all I’m saying. 

Edited by Merlinspop - 06 Aug 2022 at 12:20pm
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 1:12pm
Agreed. Misunderstood your first post.

Vince
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Merlinspop Merlinspop wrote:

... on my iPad mini 5, the sliders for changing parameters are very twitchy.  Particularly the heading, and particularly with the 550.  The little button of the slider is hard to “grab” (half the time it thinks I want to turn the right knob), and the slightest move results in a 20° heading change when I just want to move 1-2° (Think inside the FAF).  That interface could use just a little tweaking to make it smoother is all I’m saying. 
We're not working on an update to the iPad trainer at present, but we'll keep that in mind for the next release.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic