Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Receive from panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swyloge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Receive from panel
    Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 3:12pm
I am using Foreflight along with my IFD 550.  I can send flight plans to the IFD from Foreflight, but when I try to receive the flight plan from the IFD, I push the button but nothing gets sent from the IFD to the iPad.  Am I doing something wrong?
Swyloge
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by swyloge swyloge wrote:

I am using Foreflight along with my IFD 550.  I can send flight plans to the IFD from Foreflight, but when I try to receive the flight plan from the IFD, I push the button but nothing gets sent from the IFD to the iPad.  Am I doing something wrong?
When you send from FF to the IFD, a new stored route is created and you have to activate that on the IFD. When you send from the IFD to FF, the IFD sends the flight plan (i.e. what's on the FPL tab) to FF.

Could it be that your FPL tab is empty when you push the button on FF?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
swyloge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swyloge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 6:02pm
So I send the FP to the IFD and then later during the flight I modify the FP, for example I go Direct To a waypoint that is downstream from the original FP. Then I try to "Receive from Panel" in FF, but nothing changes in the FP on FF, but it clearly has changed on the IFD.
Swyloge
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 8:58pm
It’s working as designed. Hitting Direct on the IFD is not transmitted to FF. Full discussion here: http://forums.avidyne.com/ifd-and-foreflight-direct-to_topic2287.html?KW=Foreflight

------------
dave
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:33pm
You did not alter your IFD flight plan. You merely executed a new active leg.

Duplicate this action on Foreflight and your magenta lines will match.  On FF flightplan Navlog view, touch the arrow on the leg to the Direct waypoint.  In the pop up menu choose Direct.  Done.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic