Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTC Mismatch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTC Mismatch
    Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 11:22am
I’ve had my dual IFD440s for about 3 years.  I would occasionally get a UTC mismatch on #1 of usually a few seconds to a few minutes.  Lately I’ve been getting it regularly but the time is typically multiple hours behind.  Typically only happens if the plane sits 2+ days. It does not correct in flight but will be correct on the next flight, if the next flight is the same or next day.

Biggest issue with this is that ADS-B weather is sent from this device to the EX5000 and since the time stamp from the unit is multiple hours behind, the NEXRAD and Metars are considered too old to display.

Any ideas on what’s up with #1?
------------
dave
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 12:36pm
Do a search on Topic "UTC Mismatch". There is already a thread on this subject and it probably answers your question.
Vince
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 2:39pm
Operator error — I had my Date filter set to 6 months so nothing showed up.

@aviSteve I was at OshKosh last week and asked someone at the booth the same question.  He knew the problem the second I described and told me this was fixed in 10.3. Is there a way to check the release notes?  I’d prefer not to send my unit back toget the hardware mod. 
------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:41am
Originally posted by daveS daveS wrote:

Operator error — I had my Date filter set to 6 months so nothing showed up.

@aviSteve I was at OshKosh last week and asked someone at the booth the same question.  He knew the problem the second I described and told me this was fixed in 10.3. Is there a way to check the release notes?  I’d prefer not to send my unit back toget the hardware mod. 
10.3 doesn't fix UTC mismatch.  it's caused by excessive clock drift and requires a hardware mod to permanently fix it.  Incidentally, that's exactly what the message is supposed to be looking for, but we expected never to see it.  As you've discovered, it can be temporarily resolved by cycling the IFD after the GPS has come up.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic