Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 Certification Status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurtzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:05pm
I have no dog in this race, but a very large shop in the east likes it very much!!!!

This unit has been plagued by company mistakes and bad luck on the the extended delivery dates...it is the best bet for the 530 unit owners However we are looking at early 2015 in my opinion...avidyne is lucky that Garmin didn't build a same size fit.....I am waiting and hoping for earlier deliveries other options are too expensive..

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:58pm
Wurtzy,

It is confusing and frustrating that while you have self-professed no dog in this race and no actual data, you repeatedly predict a 2015 cert date and claim a rash of company mistakes.   I have a dog in the race and reams of data to know that is not the case.

You have made your point and I recommend you now just wait until it's certified.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Wurtzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurtzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 9:18am
Avijake.

Your remarks are absurd. Ask yourself the question why has this process been so drawn out?   Luck....hardly!!     I am going to wait for my 540....hoping that I get it before 2015.   Good luck to all...
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 9:21am
Okay Wurtzy,  you're entitled to your opinion.  If you have a legit question or issue, I'm happy to respond.  Until then, I've tuned out.  I'm sure our sales guys will be thrilled to sell and install one to you in 2014.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 10:38pm
Reference Brou0040's question about undisclosed features, no we're not ready to publicly make any statements on that BUT, I do plan to post a link to the draft IFD540 Pilot Guide on this forum in the next month or so.  That will be a good source for folks to calibrate what's in the release against their understandings/expectations/desires.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
drb930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drb930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 1:40am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Okay Wurtzy,  you're entitled to your opinion.  If you have a legit question or issue, I'm happy to respond.  Until then, I've tuned out.  I'm sure our sales guys will be thrilled to sell and install one to you in 2014.

+1!
Steve, you are quite the diplomat!
Thanks for your candid support here.
Wurtzy should keep his 530, he doesn't deserve a 540...

I bought my dog in August 2011.
I knew going in that things always take longer than forecast; but I believe it is worth the wait, otherwise I would not have bought early...
Just my $.02

Thanks,
Dave
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 1:22pm
Jake,

Once things have settled down and the FAA gets back to work an update would be helpful.

I'm guessing no production boxes this year. Beyond that it's unclear.
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Wurtzy Wurtzy wrote:

this 1fd540 is becoming a real problem with potential users Because of UNREALISTIC CONSISTANT claims about certification.

this is an embarrassment to the company.. and this company will suffer the consequences.

they should do more to keep the ifd 540 customers more in the loop.

as I am not a customer, my heart goes out to the people who have put their money into this never ending money hole.

I hope that they don't delay into 2015

OK, on October 3, 2013 Wurtzy posted that he was not a customer and that his heart went out to the people who have put their money into a never ending money hole. Well maybe it's possible that if you didn't pre-buy until October 4, 2013, 2015 delivery could be a reality, just speculating. From the tone of the 10/3/2013 comment I'm am sceptical Wurtzy sent a check post comment to be on the pre-buy list but if I'm wrong I hate to tell him that the line starts at the back...    
GDC25
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:55pm
Apologize for being rude, just the result of "post production depression" often found in men waiting on their new baby...
GDC25
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 7:19pm
Good Evening All,

I am one of those who are mystified by seeing someone who has not ordered a new Avidyne product make so many negative statements concernng the company. I guess I will be encouraging him by even making this response, but I hope the Avidyne folks are enough sharper than I am to just ignore his ridiculous rants and keep their focus and getting us a workable set. I anticipate that even after we get the boxes, there will still be troubles in introduction. That is the way it happens with new stuff and it is just the WAY it SHOULD happen. We users will undoubtedly use the box differently than the guys who thought it up think we wll use it and that is fine with me.

I was a very active pilot when the VOR started to replace the Low Frequency Radio range and we users found that we used the equipment quite differently than the developers thought we would. That is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I look forward to being one of the guinea pigs using the IFD 540.

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 9:31pm
Steve,

Will there be a deal on the AMX240 and/or AXP340, maybe at a price we can't refuse, for those of us who are considering replacing other components in the stack when we install the IFD540?

Since our plane doesn't have a Garmin GPS this is going to be a major rework of the stack.  I'm going to replace the existing audio panel and if the price is right I'd like to replace the transponder with something that provides ADS-B out.

Also, will the pilots manual tell me what the capabilities will be with our KAP 140 autopilot?

And is there any chance that a preliminary version of the simulator can be released at about the same time as the pilots manual?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 7:20am
Paul,  

I'll have Sales contact you about stack pricing and some bundling options.

Do you have a 530/W in your airplane now?  If so, the same capabilities with your KAP140 will exist.  But, if I read your post correctly, I'm guessing that's a no due to the phrase "doesn't have a Garmin GPS".  However, I'll see if I can tweak the PG a little to be explicit on some autopilot integrations.

As for the Ipad/Tablet sim being available at the same time I release a draft of the PG, I doubt it.   We don't want to release only one flavor at a time and IOS7 dropped support for the compiler we used on the Ipad variant so that requires some additional work on our part.  We'll have it done prior to product release but from a priority perspective, it's further down the queue than the PG draft.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 9:25am
Good Morning AviJake,

Just to help out a Luddite like me, what is a PG?

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 11:17am
Guess, Pilot Guide?

Regards,
David Gates
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 5:38pm
I'm looking forward to hearing from someone from sales.

You are correct, there is no 530 in the panel.  The autopilot is coupled to a KLN89B or a KX155A through an external switch.  This was standard for the Cessna Nav II package.  It doesn't sound like we'll get GPSS roll steering or anything cool like that.  It isn't a big deal in a 172.
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 9:07pm
Thank You DDGates.
PG for Pilot Guide sure sounds reasonable! <G>

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

PS for Paul. Don't knock the GPSS until you have given it a try. I have a DAC unit and it works great. I also do not have a GNC 530, but I borrowed one and installed it in my airplane over a year ago so that I am fully prepared for a "Plug And Play" switchout for the IFD 540.
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 9:52pm
Bob,

I'm sure that GPSS would be nice.  But other than installing an Aspen PFD I don't know of any way to get it.  I'll be satisfied if we don't lose any autopilot capability.

On the other hand, the KLN 89B has a built-in E6B calculator.  I wonder if the IFD 540 can do that?
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 10:22pm
Good Evening Paul,

I guess we are getting pretty far afield from the IFD 540, but GPSS is available stand alone from several providers. My DAC unit was about two thousand bucks three years ago, but since Aspen and others have provided it at such a low cost, I will bet a milkshake that many others will provide that capability at a reasonable cost.

Certainly NOT a necessity, but does make for very smooth coupled approaches!

Happy Skies,
Old 'Really looking forward to the 540 which will be a simple plug and play for me' Bob<G>
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:37am
Paul,  did you ever hear from the Sales crew reference your bundling questions?
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:04am
Steve,

I have not heard from anyone in sales.  I figured I would wait a week and if they didn't contact me I'd post something.

If you're offering great tie-in deals I don't understand why the sales crew are not contacting everyone who ordered an IFD.  This is the time of year when people plan their holiday gifts, decide how to spend their Christmas bonus, and figure out the tax implications of buying an upgrade for their flying depreciating asset.

I'm also wondering if there are any other items I should plan for.  For example, Avidyne is a Connected Pilot partner.  Will there be a way to connect an IFD to an iPad other than by purchasing an Aspen MFD and CG100?  You've already seen the GPSS discussion.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 9:13am
Paul,

I called myself. There was an October deal, for $1000 off on the AXP340, if added to a 540 pre-buy. Though it officially expired end of October, sales has indicated they will extend that for a bit yet.

There are other deals as well, but I only inquired about the 340.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 05 Nov 2013 at 9:15am
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 10:27pm
I received e-mail from a salesperson and replied with a bunch of questions and my phone number.  He called and we discussed what I want to do.

There are discounts on the AXP340 and AMX240 for people who per-ordered an IFD 540.  They will be available for a while - no hurry deciding.

There were a few questions about features versus the competition that he didn't have answers to, and he said he would get back to me.

So I'm happy.
Jack Seubert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Seubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 1:25pm
Steve,

I  know there are several certification pushes at Avidyne as well as other manufactures that were delayed by the shutdown.  I know you are out of the country but I am curious if you have a sense yet if the FAA is in a place where they can continue cert action?

Jack
Jack Seubert
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 2:32pm
Hi Jack,

I don't leave the country for a few more days.....

Yes, the FAA is fully back in business from our perspective and we are not aware of any further backlog-induced slowdown.  They are actively working our current cert projects (R9.3, Transponder, Audio Panel and IFD540).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 3:19pm
Jack,

Of high pertinence to your question is the following note from AJ, in a thread in the 340 section ...

Quote I'm planning on posting the IFD540 PG on/about Friday 6 Dec.  I'll be out of the country for a long period of time between now and early Dec and I have a few more clean up items I want to resolve before posting.

Avidyne is of the habit of not releasing manuals (or simulators) until fairly close to certification. Interesting, if nothing else we'll have to manual to play with.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 14 Nov 2013 at 3:21pm
Paul Himes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Himes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 10:26am
Any update on certification? I have had this unit on pre-order now for 25-26 months and this is getting ridiculous. I am currently panning a panel upgrade and need to decide whether to wait or go back and get the Garmin. So some current info please. 

Thanks 

Paul
Piper Malibu N888PK 
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 6:34pm
From what I can see, it is going to be pretty soon now. I've been on the list for 12 mo.

The 540 is way nicer and more powerful than the 750, and the 650 doesn't even begin to compare. Unless you are really pressed to go now, I would wait.

* Orest

twalterhome3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twalterhome3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

From what I can see, it is going to be pretty soon now. I've been on the list for 12 mo.

The 540 is way nicer and more powerful than the 750, and the 650 doesn't even begin to compare. Unless you are really pressed to go now, I would wait.

* Orest

Some of us have been on the list a lot longer than that, and it's been "really soon now" for a long time.
Don't get your hopes up !

It will be ready, when it's ready.
don't expect to get one until at least this time next year, or longer.
If it's earlier than that, then it will be a nice surprise !

Tim
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 12:09am
Tim,

Well no one can know for sure. But, from what I've read here, and with the draft docs due out in a week or so, in my view "this time next year" is a way long estimate.

My guess is Spring for a new 540 in my stack, with volume general availability shipping this Summer. That opinion, plus a $1, will buy you a coffee.

* Orest

twalterhome3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twalterhome3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Tim,

Well no one can know for sure. But, from what I've read here, and with the draft docs due out in a week or so, in my view "this time next year" is a way long estimate.

My guess is Spring for a new 540 in my stack, with volume general availability shipping this Summer. That opinion, plus a $1, will buy you a coffee.

* Orest

Well I hope so too, but my point is, I'm not expecting it soon, so I can be pleasantly surprised if it comes early.

Tim
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 9:17am
That is a good approach.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 Dec 2013 at 3:34pm
velox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 1:09pm
I have had a deposit for about 18 months.
I expect delivery will be no sooner than June of 2014.
I an not in a hurry, but I am somewhat unhappy because it has taken so long.
MikeK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 1:13pm
It's about that time -- time for the draft pilot's guide!  Really looking forward to reading that one!  Hope all's well at Avidyne and that you guys had a nice Thanksgiving.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 1:31pm
Back from break and still on-track to post the draft Pilot Guide by this Friday (6 Dec) or earlier.

We'll also post an overall update sometime next week (targeting early in the week).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
MikeK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:40pm
Super!
SteveMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:33pm
I'm in line for 540 (replacing 530W) and 440 (com2 upgrade). Looking forward to Pilot Guide, simulator, and eventually the real units.

1. When my 540 is available, can I have it held back until the 440 is also ready? My paperwork suggests it might be three months or so between them. I'd rather have a single install than two.

2. Will we be notified proactively about the availability of any/all of these, or do I have to monitor this forum? I don't think I've received any product info/status emails since I handed over mucho $$$$. Thanks.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 2:43am
Steve, I am in the same boat as you but I don't want to wait.  Something you might want to consider is purchasing  a Garmin 430 tray, CDI, and GPS WAAS antenna and have them waiting on the shelf.  Then when the 540 ships, you'll have everything ready to be wired on the bench and installed in the aircraft.  So the only thing that will be required when the 440 ships is to just slide it in the tray.  That's what I did. 

Edited by tony - 05 Dec 2013 at 2:46am
SteveMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:50am
Thanks for the suggestion. It's partially ready. When I had my interior redone in January I had the GPS antenna installed for the 440. As I understand it, once the 440 goes in, there is custom wiring/pin work required to connect to my other instruments (Aspen, JPI, etc), so a little more is required. But you're right, having the tray and CDI installed would save time then, but it would mean another install now. My avionics installer is out of town so I try to minimize the number of times I have to go. Besides, because this is dragging out so long, there's still a small chance I'll pull the plug. Don't want to, but might.
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 3:11pm
What is the status on certification? Patrick said earlier this year that certificaiton was targeted for the end of the year. I am assuming that isn't going to happen but by now Avidyne should have a very good feel for the actual date. 
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 3:56pm
Patrick is looking forward toward sending out a letter on that topic to all pre-buyers or deposit holders in the next week or so.  I won't steal his thunder.

I will say, for those who are trying to parse every syllable however, that we won't make cert prior to 31 December 2013.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
jblodgett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblodgett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 12:12pm
Ok, let's parse every syllable.  Previous expectation was by the end of 2013.  You say it won't be prior to 31 December 2013.  So then the expectation is that it will be certified on 31 December 2013, correct?
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 2:41pm
The NATIVES are getting restless!
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 8:09pm
You're telling me!
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 5:03pm
Good Evening All, 

Slight shift of subject here.  My question has to do with getting an antenna installed that will work with the IFD-540. There was a list of Frequently Asked Questions posted on the 31st day of March, 2013.   Question #26 dealt with approved antennas. As I read that list, it appears to me that ANY antenna that is qualified under TSO-C190 is OK. 

Do I read that correctly?

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

PS My sleve is installed and all the plugs are wired, but the antenna I have now is not on the approved list.  I do have one that IS TSO-C190 qualified. I would like to get it installed so I really will be able to just do a "slide in" installation.
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 5:24pm
Yes, any C190 antenna, by definition, will work and will be approved.   The list should just identify those non-C190 antennas that have been tested and approved to work.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:30am
How about that certificaiton update? 
Keezdisease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keezdisease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 1:41pm
Any more info on the letter that was supposed to come out last week?
SteveMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 4:10pm
I didn't see it mentioned here, but the draft Pilot Guide was announced and is discussed in the forum "IFD540 Draft Pilot Guide Available". The latest version (Dec 13) is here: http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads/ifd-series.asp

Read it last night. Very impressive system, I sure hope it arrives soon so I can ditch my 530W.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:10pm
Patrick (our COO) has promised a letter update on the 540 program but he's trying to time it to come out with some interesting announcements in early January.

In the meantime, I can say that we are close enough to the finish line on the IFD540 that we'll be submitting the last of our material to the FAA in Q1 and expect to hit full-rate production shipments in Q2 or earlier.f

BTW, I do expect to post another updated rev of the IFD540 Pilot Guide on/about 20 Dec but I don't think I'll get the draft Install Manual ready for posting this week.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:31pm
1. Any hope of getting the Heading mode back in play?

2. Will there be any suggested wiring changes to my rather mundane 530 installation?

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic