Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No 429 Input 1 Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No 429 Input 1 Error
    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 6:17pm
A few flights ago in moderate turbulence I received the error message "No 429 Input 1 Error" on both IFD440's.  My AIRINC Config has 'In 1' set to low speed and Data = Honeywell EFIS.  I have an Aspen PFD along with a DFC90.  This configuration has worked flawlessly for ~3 years. The error message has persisted through multiple flights since the initial error.  Funny thing is I've noticed no functional degradation -- DFC90 flies approaches along with every other mode just fine.  Aspen doesn't seem to suffer, either, nor do I notice anything on the IFDs.

So exactly what functionality does the EFIS input provide for the IFDs?

------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 10:33am
Did the alert say "429 Data Not Rcvd" with a long message "No 429 from input: #1"?

The IFD gets several pieces of data from the Aspen, including air data, heading, and selected course.  I suspect if you go to your calculator pages, you'll see a lot of items that aren't populated.

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Did the alert say "429 Data Not Rcvd" with a long message "No 429 from input: #1"?

Yes — these are the messages I received. 
------------
dave
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by daveS daveS wrote:

A few flights ago in moderate turbulence I received the error message "No 429 Input 1 Error" on both IFD440's.  ... This configuration has worked flawlessly for ~3 years. The error message has persisted through multiple flights since the initial error.  

Dave,
AviSteve (Steve Lindsley) has answered your question about what information your Aspen is likely sending back to your IFD's via the 429 communications.

Your description of the circumstances and persistence of this IFD error likely points to a signal disruption in the form of a broken or loose wire or pin between the Aspen or the DFC90 (whichever uses 429 channel 1), that made itself known following an encounter with "moderate turbulence".

Next steps will be having your avionics shop troubleshoot by ringing out (checking continuity) of the specific wires responsible for your IFD 429 channel 1.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic