Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GI 275 GFC500 and IFD 540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GI 275 GFC500 and IFD 540
    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 7:42am
I have recently installed this combination and would like someone with similar equipment to confirm that vertical guidance is available in a coupled LNAV/VNAV approach.
Regards
Jeff
Jeff
Tommyfank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommyfank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:10am
my questions exactly. Does anybody read the posts here?
Tommy
67’ V35 Bonanza
Montgomery, Texas
jeffcb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 4:59am
Now that I have done some more approaches I can update.
Australia does not have WAAS, and most GA aircraft don't have baro VNAV, so can only do LNAV +V.
My equipment does this very well and will fly an approach which is coupled laterally, and vertically, pretty close to the end of the runway.
 In fact the main deviation seems to be laterally, where it can be almost one dot of displacement on HSI.
A bit strange.
GFC 500 AP is fabulous. Rock solid.
Cheers 
Jeff         .
Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic