Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Apps DB Mismatches (10.2 vs 10.3)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD Apps DB Mismatches (10.2 vs 10.3)
    Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:11pm
I finally figured out why i get DB mismathes often on my IPADs.

I have an Americas subscription NAV+Obstacles.  (30 day trial) fyi.

When i use a 10.3 based ipad app (IFD100 or IFD Trainer XP or IFD Trainer) to download a nav database.  It downloads a database with the name Americas+ .. (there is a PLUS after the name).

When i used a 10.2 based ipad app (IFD100) ... to download a nav database, it downloads a db named "Americas" .

Since i have all the apps on my ipads, it was causing major confusion -- for example if i used a 10.3 app to download db's to the ipad, and then went to the airport to fly for reals (rather than using xplane), then my IFD 100 10.2 would not sync with my IFD 440 in the airplane.  (DB Mismatch).

Or if used an IFD100 10.3 at home to connect to the XP Trainer 10.3 -- there could also be a mismatch depending on what i had used to download the latest DB's ..

There is probably a good reason why the DB's have to be differnentin 10.2 vs 10.3 -- but at least now that i know i can manage the problem by always using a 10.2 based app to download DB updates -- this will make all the apps work at home on the sim and in the airplane.

Edited by ricardo - 23 Apr 2022 at 10:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic