Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NO GS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NO GS?
    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:56pm
I just had a new 540 installed, feeding G5 AI and HSI.  On an RNAV approach, the unit shows LPV, but there is no glideslope... where glideslope should be, there's an annotation, "NO GS".

Is this an installation error, or might there be another reason for this problem?
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 6:23am
When you say you're seeing a NO GS annunciation, is that on the G5? 

I wonder if the VNAV labels are disabled-- that's the only thing I can think of that might cause this.
frankbell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:03am
Yes, NO GS shows on the G5. VNAV labels… is that in settings?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:29pm
I have the same setup in my airplane. The indication you're describing should be a magenta NO GP. 

When you had this indication, what was the status of your IFD540 (GPS or LPV)?

Normally, the IFD does not transition to LPV mode until the leg to the FAF (or any subsequent leg up to the MAP) becomes active; however, I have noticed the G5 HSI will indicate LPV and NO GP while on an LPV approach transition before the IFD transitions from GPS to LPV. Once the IFD transitions to LPV mode, the NO GP indication should disappear and a magenta GP indication should be present on both the G5 AI and HSI.

frankbell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 7:07pm
The NO GP annunciation continued through the LPV approach… LPV shows on the G5.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic